Old Forums
May. 26, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cool Old Forums
Hi all!
I am happy to tell you that both my old forums are now up for reading again! There are a lot of great postings there. Both Kye-U and I have been working hard to save the old databases so they now can be used again for reading.

Just PM one of us and you will get the url's for both fora. When we have them secured and safe the url's will be public. The idea is that they shall not be active, but just stay there so we all can read and learn form them, and see how the filters have evolved during the last decade.

happy reading!!
Arne
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 26, 2009, 06:57 PM
RE: Old Forums
when they become public, it might not hurt to have them "direct" passerby's to this forum...

i'm guessin' that's the plan anyway, i suspect...
May. 26, 2009, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: May. 29, 2009 02:21 AM by Arne.)
One is already and the other one will also. They are there for reading and not for posting.

I have also noticed that some characters in filters, on both, have not been converted correct. But if anyone needs help with a special filter, send us a wink and one might just get help on it. It also helps a lot with this info:
1. Which forum
2. Topic number (can be seen by holding the cursor over the topic in that post)

One common is a ? in a square box. That is \0 in all cases I have seen so far
May. 29, 2009, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: May. 29, 2009 08:31 PM by Arne.)
The old forums are located here:

The oldest: http://prxbx.com/oldforums/index.php
The newest: http://www.gecco.dk/oldforum/index.php

Happy Reading
Arne
May. 29, 2009, 08:26 PM
Nice!! Many thanks!!! Sure we will enjoy it Smile!

(BTW both links are the same)
May. 29, 2009, 08:31 PM
not any more Banging Head lol
Jun. 23, 2009, 08:44 AM
I spend some time every now and then reading the old forums. Each time I come over a filter that has been damaged by the conversion, I edit it back to the correct form.

I will always write a note that it has been corrected in 2009 etc in the specific post. If you need a filter corrected, then let me know, because I only do this when I stumble upon a filter that is not correctly converted.