Kye-U's Guide to Surfing Anonymously!
Apr. 01, 2004, 12:31 AM

I just love it ! The thing is , that it is not only the net where you can be had today , but it's everywhere . The bottom line man , is the bottom line $ . For example , I was at Radio Shack the other day for some batteries and when I paid , the guy asked for my phone number . Now if I were gay that would be reasonable , but the S.O.B. was setting me up , a la Radio Shack . I have been had a few times at e-Bay and have shot myself in the foot more than once . The last time was when I outbid some people for a $5 clock for which I paid $50 ! The people who I was bidding against worked for the guy who was selling the damn thing . The web is dangerous , but that's what makes it addictive . Try to out smart the other guy . Be a little wiser , surf like a shadow , don't get pissed when someone's gets you . That's what it is all about . Gotcha . I was at my local Jeep dealer the other day for a simple fix on a recall , and walked out with an estimate of what I needed -- $ 1500 in recommended repairs ! It's like going to a doctor for a headache and being told you need to have your balls cut off . Reminds me of of joke ; a guy has had headaches for 20 years and finally goes to the doctor who tells him he needs to have his balls cut off . The guy is stunned by the advice but decides the doctor knows best and goes ahead with the operation . After a few weeks , fully recovered , he feels wonderful ; no more headaches . He decides that this is a new lease on life for him and he needs some new clothes . He visits his local Brooks Bros. mens store where the haberdasher asks what is his size jacket . 44 he responds . No sir , you are definitely a 46 . He tries the jacket on and the 46 fits perfectly . Like a glove . I need some underwear as well . What size asks the haberdasher ? 32 , he responds . No , no , you are a 38 for sure . He tries on the size 38 and it fits perfectly . The customer is dumbfounded and asks how he knew . The haberdasher says I've been doing this for thirty years and I know sizes and when your underwear is tight it give you terrible headaches ! Have a great evening ! Ralph
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 01, 2004, 12:58 AM

lol... amen, brother...

I walked out of a Radio Shack once because the kid behind the counter 'refused' to sell me a handful of electronics components because when asked for my phone number, I said "unlisted, unpublished"... And when then prompted for my work number, I replied "none of your business"... Then I was told that the register would not ring up the stuff without a number and that they don't sell the numbers... Okay, I said, use 123-4567... Oh, an area code, make it (123) 456-7890... The kid said that wouldn't work, so I left the stuff right on the counter and walked right out... I haven't stepped foot in a Radio Shack ever since - dang near five years now...

Same thing goes for a local barber that insisted that the only way to put me 'in the system' is by my phone number...

Now whenever asked for a number, I simply reply "42" (you Douglas Adams fans know what I'm talking about)...

ps - sorry, absolutely nothing to do with anonymous surfing, of course...
Apr. 01, 2004, 06:40 PM

Ralph;

Right on, brother!! Cheers You called it in one! Hail

ProxRocks;

Yeah, Radio Shabby knows how to piss off more potential customers in one day than most stores even see come in their doors during that same day. [angry]

'Tis a shame that ignorance isn't painful! [lol]

Oddysey

p.s. Tight underwear also makes one write long diatribes, with the unfounded belief that others will take such posts for pearls of wisdom!! [smoke]

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Nov. 20, 2004, 02:10 PM

ProxRocks...
yea... 42 is the numeric answer to all of life's problems (even tho' I'm tempted to make it 13... Big Teeth )
and yes, Ralph did hit the nail right on the head (err, the nuts on the head?) The online place is a BAAAAD place. I mean, the next guy you meet online may turn out to be a psycho killer (better chance of finding a deranged bot, but still)
So, anyone uses JAP (Java anonymous proxy?)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.