The Passing of Scott R. Lemmon
Jul. 16, 2004, 11:58 PM

http://www.computercops.biz/article-5228...d-0-0.html

Excerpt Wrote:This afternoon presented itself with grave news when Scott's sister notified me (Paul of ComputerCops) that her brother, Scott R. Lemmon, passed away on the first of May, 2004.

Amen to Scott Lemmon, and my greatest condolences to his entire family. The date of his passing, May 1st, 2004 is going to be a significant date we should all remember, to honour his knowledge, dedication and kindness.
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 17, 2004, 12:38 AM

That comes as particularly hard-hitting news for me.As someone who has only just discovered the wonders of Proxomitron,deeply sad to think I'll never get to express my thanks in person.

The world has lost a brilliant mind.We can only keep alive the tremendous legacy Scott gave to the Internet community.He'll forever be the Guardian of Cyberspace.

I think all the work put into this forum,and the creation of new filter sets does his memory proud.It's a pleasure to spend time here.

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?
Jul. 17, 2004, 05:51 AM

This is definitely a high state of Suck! I'm going dark for 24 hours, in his memory.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jul. 17, 2004, 09:59 AM

This is so sad.
Scott had a deep impact on many of us - I wish to thank him for everything.

On another note, i was always hoping that development on Proxomitron would continue some day.

sidki
Jul. 17, 2004, 01:11 PM

Very sad indeed. My condolences to his family and friends. I don't know much about him but his software is brilliant. I also was hoping development would continue some day.

besafe
Jul. 17, 2004, 01:54 PM

My condolences to his family and friends.

On another note (sorry for sounding so disrespectful).
Now that Scott is gone, who does the source code for Proxomitron go to? It would be a great shame if the production of Scott's program were to stop permanently. Maybe someone could take the throne?

Regards,
Belthazor

(?`?._)?n?iT?u??(?`?._)
Jul. 17, 2004, 04:42 PM

This is really sad....I hope he went peacefully around his friends and family. I too always had a little bit of hope that he would take the Proxomitron back up, but....

..::belthazor::..

I think that when he said he would stop doing the Proxomitron, he gave the rights to the code to Ad Muncher or a something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think thats what happened.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Jul. 19, 2004, 01:03 AM

Very sad news. Proxo is my must have program and i am eternally grateful to Scott for this work. I hope the development of proxo can continue.
Jul. 19, 2004, 06:11 AM

I'm at a lost for words, . . . .shocked at the sad news, . .Scott, Arne, HpGuru, and many others were so kind to Me when My Wife passed away last year, . . .they were there for Me and My Family, . . I only wished that I could have been there for them, . . .

I hope that My silence speaks volumes to their broken hearts,
JakBeNymble
Jul. 19, 2004, 06:17 AM

JakBeNymble Wrote:I'm at a lost for words, . . . .shocked at the sad news, . .Scott, Arne, HpGuru, and many others were so kind to Me when My Wife passed away last year, . . .they were there for Me and My Family, . . I only wished that I could have been there for them, . . .

I hope that My silence speaks volumes to their broken hearts,
JakBeNymble
I'm sorry about that Jak...I do not know yet what it feels like to lose a friend who's been there for me all the way, but I can imagine the pain.

To us, his genius will live on through Proxomitron, in many ways.
Jul. 19, 2004, 06:18 AM

OK, the lights are on, but they're dimmed down to a guttering candle flicker (sorta like flyin' the flag at half-mast).

I gotta go outta town for a few days anyway, this will give me time to get over my mad. I should be able to imitate a reasonable human being again by Thursday or Friday. But don't hold my feet to the fire on that one, all right?

Oddysey

p.s. The state of Suck is still dangerously high, and will not be coming down in the foreseeable future.

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jul. 19, 2004, 06:26 AM

Thank You "GOOD FRIEND"
Jul. 19, 2004, 06:33 AM

Oddysey, I understand. You feel angry at the world right now. I don't blame you. Scott was a one-of-a-kind kind of man, one who always had the time to help others, no matter how stressed or time consumed his life may be. If I knew him better, I'd feel as much pain as you, Jak, and others must be feeling right now.

Jak, no problem. I'm proud to help Proxomitron in every way, so in a way, I'm helping keep Scott's goal to help clean the Internet by keeping filter-writing active. Smile!
Jul. 19, 2004, 01:10 PM

Kye-U do you have any info as to whether Scott was ill? I believe he was in his thirties, too young to die..
Jul. 19, 2004, 09:17 PM

elshaddai Wrote:Kye-U do you have any info as to whether Scott was ill? I believe he was in his thirties, too young to die..
I don't have any information on the reason...

I agree, he was young Sad