Ghostery
Dec. 02, 2009, 12:58 AM
Ghostery
Hello... new forum member here!

I'm a long time Proxomitron user (since 2001) and occasional forum lurker here. It's been an interesting ride since Scott Lemmon passed... no core updates, Proximodo, hex editing to remove the bandwidth limitation, several filter packs, etc.. I just wanted to thank you (Sidki and the rest of you as well) for allowing Proxomitron to continue to be a truly useful universal filter in what has become a much more complicated world wide web!

On to my post....

I use the Ghostery add-on for Firefox to detect web bugs. The Sidki filter set with Proxomitron does a great job of wiping most of the web bugs out before they ever hit the browser. I am using the 2009-02-13 set with the update btw.

I did a search here and found that Ghostery has been discussed here in the past (spring 2009 it appears was the latest) and was used to help discover some additional items to block. Since it's been a while since Ghostery was last discussed, I thought I'd mention it again. Currently there are a number of bugs slipping through the latest Sidki set which can been seen via Ghostery. I figured you might want to check on these before another filter set release would be released.

Also, Ghostery now supports blocking of the bugs it finds. I don't know when this was added, but I don't think it was a feature back when you guys discussed it last spring.

Thanks again for all your work. Long live Proxomitron! Smile!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 26, 2010, 05:19 PM
RE: Ghostery
Thanks, i'll give it another shot. It may help me to see what has changed in the past months, tracking-wise.

(Dec. 02, 2009 12:58 AM)happyproxuser Wrote:  Currently there are a number of bugs slipping through the latest Sidki set which can been seen via Ghostery.

The config won't target all code that is considered a bug by Ghostery. There is a gray area, predominantly in the "blog widgets" department.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply