Which filter(s) break sites ?
Dec. 10, 2009, 04:41 AM
Which filter(s) break sites ?
Hi,

It's getting worse every day, webpages which we need to bypass proxomitron alltogether since we lost track how many and which filters actually break them.

For example the page http://www.sporza.be/cm/1.650542?view=popupPlayer

... I see some "resizeTo blocked: 400 x 130" and a (misplaced) Toggle Flash button, but as with many pages lately, clicking the toggle button ain't a guarantee for working content.

Please, can anyone tell me which filters i need to disable there, I think proxo fails on most pages not ending in .htm or .html and their n° is rapidly increasing.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 10, 2009, 05:20 AM
RE: Which filter(s) break sites ?
I try to find out which filter or filters are causing a problem by looking at the log window while loading the page and reading the names of filters used (in purple print). I disable the filters listed one by one until I see a change in the behaviour of the page. If it is only one filter, that is relatively easy. If there are more than one, it becomes tricky. There is also the debug mode which can be loaded from the log window settings, which show which filters are used and the effects they have on the source code.
Dec. 10, 2009, 01:52 PM
I wrote a post about finding filters wich break sites, have you read it?
Dec. 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm a little sick these days,
yes I'll read it with I'm a bit better, but as Siamesecat wrote, it's digging filter by filter, takes a lot of time.

Just waiting to find the strength to start with it, thanks for the help guys.Smile!
Dec. 12, 2009, 03:53 AM
(Dec. 10, 2009 04:41 AM)Toppy Wrote:  Please, can anyone tell me which filters i need to disable there,

http://www.sporza.be/ $SET(0=a_flash.)
to $LST(Exceptions-U)
?

Flash doesn't always work for me.

HTH