Inherit Bypass
Dec. 16, 2009, 05:54 AM
Inherit Bypass
I've setup Proxo to [Bypass] Facebook, as a lot of stuff in there doesn't like Proxo, but even with [Bypass] set, I pretty much have to turn on [Bypass Filters] to interact with the page(s).

Is there an way to set up a [Bypass] so that sites linked by the [Bypassed] site are also [Bypassed], i.e. they "inherit" the [Bypass] status. Trying to work out all the sites that are used is an endless task.

Barring that is there a "Master" [Bypass] list for sites associated with Facebook, et al?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
RE: Inherit Bypass
i can't get Facebook to work today at all...
i'm guessing this is a fb-thing and i'm givin' them a few days to "sort it out"...

their site has ALWAYS been ssllloooooowwww and i therefore tend to only log in once in a while...
Dec. 16, 2009, 07:20 PM
(Dec. 16, 2009 05:54 AM)ardarby Wrote:  Is there an way to set up a [Bypass] so that sites linked by the [Bypassed] site are also [Bypassed], i.e. they "inherit" the [Bypass] status.

Most likely.
Seems like somebody posted something like this somewhere...

(Dec. 16, 2009 05:54 AM)ardarby Wrote:  Barring that is there a "Master" [Bypass] list for sites associated with Facebook, et al?

Proxo may be able to log sites that are sent the facebook referer and then you could add them as needed.

I'll have to get back to you.

Later

Facebook...
Dec. 17, 2009, 12:35 AM
I turned on the [Log Window] and noticed that ".fbcdn.net" kept coming up, so I added "*.fbcdn.net" to my [Bypass Proxy] list in IE, along with "*.facebook.com" and it seems to be working pretty well.

Thanks for the HedZup on the [Log Window].

Al
Dec. 17, 2009, 03:46 AM
(Dec. 16, 2009 07:20 PM)JJoe Wrote:  Most likely.
Seems like somebody posted something like this somewhere...

Seems like somebody forgot he had posted something somewhere Wink
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/prox-...sage/24193
Dec. 18, 2009, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: Dec. 18, 2009 08:30 PM by JJoe.)
(Dec. 17, 2009 03:46 AM)whenever Wrote:  Seems like somebody forgot he had posted something somewhere Wink

Oh yeah. Wink

I suspect ardarby already knew the answer to his question.
I am worried that some of my shenanigans might cause problems, however.
Dec. 19, 2009, 08:43 AM
(Dec. 18, 2009 08:25 PM)JJoe Wrote:  […]
Oh yeah. Wink

I suspect ardarby already knew the answer to his question.
I am worried that some of my shenanigans might cause problems, however.
JJoe

Not sure what you think I'm about, but I can asssure you I didn't know the answer beforehand and I never thought to turn on the [Log Window] to check out what was happening.

I still think it would be a "neat" concept to be able to have features, like [Bypass] that could be "inherited" by descendant sites.

Al
Dec. 19, 2009, 04:36 PM
(Dec. 19, 2009 08:43 AM)ardarby Wrote:  Not sure what you think I'm about, but I can asssure you I didn't know the answer beforehand and I never thought to turn on the [Log Window] to check out what was happening.

Don't worry. Smile!
I never doubted your sincerity.
BTW, http://local.ptron/.pinfo/urls/ can help.

(Dec. 19, 2009 08:43 AM)ardarby Wrote:  I still think it would be a "neat" concept to be able to have features, like [Bypass] that could be "inherited" by descendant sites.

This concept has been a recent topic at the prox-list.
whenever linked to it, http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/prox-...sage/24193

(Dec. 18, 2009 08:25 PM)JJoe Wrote:  I suspect ardarby already knew the answer to his question.

You asked, "Is there an way to set up a [Bypass]..."
I thought you were a member of the prox-list and had read the posts there.
I assumed that you would rather discuss this ""neat" concept" here at TUOPF.
Would you?

(Dec. 18, 2009 08:25 PM)JJoe Wrote:  I am worried that some of my shenanigans might cause problems, however.

I'm still not sure this concept is a good idea for everybody.

Better? Smile!