ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
May. 31, 2010, 09:09 AM
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
(May. 31, 2010 03:38 AM)whenever Wrote:  The host-port is so important that I don't think the browser will get it wrong. I am also confused why Proxo doesn't get it right. It's even not going into SSL layer yet.

I just tried to telnet to Proxo's listening port and issued "CONNECT / HTTP/1.1" command manually. It didn't trigger the error message box but responded with below text, which indicated Proxo did have detection for malformed command:

Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Connection refused
Connection: close

I forgot to add that when the error was raised, the error message box was keeping poping up and the Proxo log window was keeping outputing "CONNECT / HTTP/1.1". It seems something went wrong within Proxo internal and it was keeping trying.

(May. 31, 2010 04:21 AM)JJoe Wrote:  With that and a ssl_sock.settimeout of .5 sec, I've logged in to yahoo.

A longer timeout value will make the proxy block longer. I don't know what value should be reasonable. It is local communication between the browser and the proxy, which I had thought could be done very quickly.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program - whenever - May. 31, 2010 09:09 AM