sidki alpha4 - MSN Money...
Jul. 15, 2010, 12:25 PM
sidki alpha4 - MSN Money...
if you go here - http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock...d&Symbol=c
you will notice that the "site footer hover" shows 'sAdKey: .omni.promo.'...
it is getting this from the 'AdKeys-S' file entry of
Code:
[^/]++.msn.com/&(^maps.)    $SET(sAdKey=.omni.promo.)

i'm trying to add a few Exc-U entries and none are appending - am i missing something "simple" again? i've cleared out the entire Exc-U file and the ONLY entry is what i'm trying to append... no dice so far...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 15, 2010, 01:44 PM
RE: sidki alpha4 - MSN Money...
Added $SET(0=a_rdlink.) to Exceptions-U, I see the keyword added to the "site footer hover".

What are you trying to add?
Jul. 15, 2010, 01:50 PM
i can add to the "0" and "1" variables, it's just not adding to the "sAdKey" variable...

i'm trying to add .head. to remove the top-of-page "bing search banner" (.head. should remove the "brandnav" row, the "brand" row, AND the "channeltitle" row, not 'just' the d@mn bing search)...
Jul. 15, 2010, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: Jul. 15, 2010 11:56 PM by JJoe.)
(Jul. 15, 2010 01:50 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  i can add to the "0" and "1" variables, it's just not adding to the "sAdKey" variable...

I see.
Exceptions-U goes first and sets the variable to ".head." and
then AdKeys-S resets it to ".omni.promo." with
Code:
[^/]++.msn.com/&(^maps.)    $SET(sAdKey=.omni.promo.)

You probably need to change the AdKeys-s entry to something like

Code:
[^/]++.msn.com/&(^maps.)    $SET(sAdKey=.omni.promo.head.)

To allow these additions to be made in Exceptions-U maybe all AdKeys-s entries could be something like
Code:
[^/]++.msn.com/&(^maps.) ($TST(sAdKey=.\1)$SET(sAdKey=.omni.promo.\1)(^)|$TST(sAdKey=.*))

I'll have to test later.

Edit:
Appears to work for me.
Jul. 16, 2010, 03:09 PM
How about changing the notation for "sAdKey" to be similar to "keyword" & "flag" (i.e.: a.b.c.).
The list entries would then contain: $SET(sAdKey=$GET(sAdKey)a.b.c.)

Then remove the initial dot from both sAdKey tests in "Manage: Specific Containers on sel. Sites".

Would that work?
Jul. 16, 2010, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: Jul. 16, 2010 04:43 PM by ProxRocks.)
that sounds like an adequate fix to me Big Teeth
seems to work on this end...
Jul. 16, 2010, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: Jul. 16, 2010 05:27 PM by JJoe.)
(Jul. 16, 2010 03:09 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Would that work?

I think it'll work but it does seem to lack gratuitous use of the available tools. Wink
Jul. 16, 2010, 07:56 PM
i'm not sure i follow your meaning...
it's become my habit to not make changes to ANY of the lists *except* for the Exc-U file...
that way, we uncheck the header that scans that Exc-U and we know if we somehow borked something (as i've found myself doing on a couple of occasions, admittedly)...
Jul. 16, 2010, 09:50 PM
(Jul. 16, 2010 07:56 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  i'm not sure i follow your meaning...

Me?

"but it does seem to lack gratuitous use of the available tools."
was intended to be a joke or word play.

Gratuitous as in unnecessary. So,
'I think it'll work but it does seem to lack unnecessary use of the available tools.'

I didn't expect sidki to use either of my suggestions.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.
Jul. 17, 2010, 11:58 PM
No misunderstanding on my part, and thanks for the input, both of you. Smile!
I'm confident to get the respective changes done and posted this Sunday, i.e. today, GMT.
Jul. 18, 2010, 11:28 AM
The updated filter and adjusted Adkeys-S list are attached.

The only change in the exception lists is the removal of the leading dot in the commented usage example:
Code:
##   Remove all tags with a class or ID starting with "badtag" or "extratag"
##   on http://yoursite.com/ -- See comments in the AdKeys-S list for further
##   details:
##   yoursite.com/ $SET(sAdKey=badtag.extratag.)
## ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached File(s)
.zip  AdKeys-S_Jul18.zip (Size: 3.58 KB / Downloads: 598)
Aug. 08, 2010, 01:22 PM
Here is the AdKeys-S list again, with all entries verified past week -> many removals, some updates

Attached File(s)
.zip  AdKeys-S_list_only_Aug8.zip (Size: 2.06 KB / Downloads: 620)
Aug. 08, 2010, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 08, 2010 03:59 PM by eclipse.)
sidki, I just noticed that we might need to rephrase the "Each string must be surrounded by dots", now that the syntax has changed.

I'm looking forward for your next filterset release. I'm not sure I've every bit that changed since the last alpha. It would be a good idea to make a zip with all the new stuff so everyone has the same files, and you get some quality feedback.

Thanks again for your dedication!
Aug. 08, 2010, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 08, 2010 04:42 PM by sidki3003.)
(Aug. 08, 2010 03:57 PM)eclipse Wrote:  sidki, I just noticed that we might need to rephrase the "Each string must be surrounded by dots", now that the syntax has changed.

Very attentive, thank you. I have reworded it in my copy to "followed by a dot" now.

Quote:I'm looking forward for your next filterset release. I'm not sure I've every bit that changed since the last alpha. It would be a good idea to make a zip with all the new stuff so everyone has the same files, and you get some quality feedback.

I don't know what i have posted (and what not b/c pre-alpha version) either. For release versions there is a master topic tracking all updates, but not for alphas/betas.
(Since site-specific filters run in their own scope, i'll probably post a complete Google update, as already mentioned in the respective thread.)

I do plan to post a release candidate, which will be identical to the final release, unless it has major bugs.
Aug. 08, 2010, 06:17 PM
(Aug. 08, 2010 04:40 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  I don't know what i have posted (and what not b/c pre-alpha version) either. For release versions there is a master topic tracking all updates, but not for alphas/betas.

I knew about the stable release fixes, just asking because I've moved on to the Alpha4 for my everyday browsing with VERY GOOD results. Applause

(Aug. 08, 2010 04:40 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  (Since site-specific filters run in their own scope, i'll probably post a complete Google update, as already mentioned in the respective thread.)

Nice!

(Aug. 08, 2010 04:40 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  I do plan to post a release candidate, which will be identical to the final release, unless it has major bugs.

I wonder if your gift will be ready for Christmas? THAT will make me a VERY, VERY happy boy! Wink