The latest version of the world's most popular Universal Web Filter
Aug. 19, 2010, 03:29 PM
The latest version of the world's most popular Universal Web Filter
A big hello to all my Proxomitron friends out there. I hope you are doing well. Dio vi benedica!

I check this forum (and Sidki's website) on a regular basis to see what you guys are talking about and if there are any updates or new config versions ready. First off, you guys are incredible. Second, I've been reading, but I can't tell if I'm using the best config. I know it's been a while since there's been a new one released. I have the ones below and I am currently using sidki's 2009-02-13 with the update applied. I really don't know if this is correct, but I've stayed away from the 2009-05-24-alpha release because I was under the impression that sidki's 2009-02-13 is the more stable one of the two. However, with so much time past (2009-02-13) is this still correct? Thanks for any help and thanks for being here. Thank you so much.

1. prox-config-sidki-2009-02-13.zip
2. prox-config-sidki-2009-05-24-alpha.zip
3. update.zip 2009-06-06

Best regards,
apacallyps
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 19, 2010, 05:12 PM
RE: The latest version of the world's most popular Universal Web Filter
please note that the 6/6/09 update does NOT apply to the alpha...

i was actually in the same boat as you, only test-running the alpha, but doing my day-to-day surfing with the 2/13 with 6/6 (et alia) updates...

only as of a couple of months ago did i "let go" of the time-tested 2/13 with 6/6 updates and switch over to the 5/24 (which has several updates to it) "full time"...

i personally like the 5/24 a lot more...
Sep. 03, 2010, 04:28 PM
RE: The latest version of the world's most popular Universal Web Filter
Thanks ProxRocks!

That's very helpful and insightful information. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
apacallyps