Thread Closed 
Beta Config (Sep 19 2010)
Sep. 19, 2010, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 19, 2010 04:00 PM by sidki3003.)
Beta Config (Sep 19 2010)
Contrary to previous plans, here is a beta of the next config release. Smile!

It appears to me as the best way to quickly get a grip on the the large number of new list entries.
Beyond that, this config can be considered as feature complete.

Beta Notes Wrote:This beta will use its own subdirectory, so you can run it in parallel with
other config versions.

2010-09-19
==========

For the most part this is a consolidated version of the
alpha-4 config, posted July 18th 2009 at http://prxbx.com/forums/ .

However:
- There is a new list, "Bypass-SSL.ptxt".
- Several ad lists have been massively extended,
especially AdHosts-J.ptxt (114 -> 207 entries).
- Several issues with recent browser versions have been fixed.

To do:
- Numerous filters still contain (non-critical) experimental code.
- Numerous list entries still have to prove their usefulness.

The respective information is logged to a file called "Log-Rare.log".
Please submit your log file regularly during beta stage. Anonymous
submission form: http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1382

Note:
Most filters aren't fully downwards compatible, so do not mix them with
other config versions.

Beta config (offsite link, 327 KB) -- Homepage

Good luck!
sidki
Sep. 19, 2010, 05:38 PM
RE: Beta Config (Sep 19 2010)
I'll begin testing right away. Thank you!
Sep. 19, 2010, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 19, 2010 07:25 PM by Toppy.)
Thanks sidki ! Smile!

Can you please add new beta version to the submission form selection box ?
Sep. 19, 2010, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 19, 2010 07:46 PM by sidki3003.)
Kye-U is maintaining the form's backend. I assume that he will update it, once he spots your post. Smile!

edit: Meanwhile you could add a "__beta-2010-09-19" or similar entry to the log. I will see it.
Sep. 22, 2010, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 22, 2010 10:54 AM by ProxRocks.)
i have an "AdDomains" entry that you may wish to include - poc.clixmetrix.com

unfortunately, my only "real life" run-in with it is a client's bank account (Chase), so i can't really give any "test link" Sad

for reference though, Firefox's "Ghostery" add-on has been blocking this "tracker" since version 2.0.2 per this - http://getsatisfaction.com/ghostery/topi...ot_blocked

"half-ssl" was somehow even 'bypassed' by this, fittingly-prefixed, POC...
(ie, i was getting certificate errors...)

adding to HOSTS is one fix, but i myself prefer fixing via Proxo Big Teeth

update: an Exc-U entry to $RDIR the entire domain to 'killed.gif' seems to be my "best fix" (as i really prefer not to make any changes to anything other than Exc-U [that way my "mistakes" can all be narrowed down to one file, lol])...
Sep. 22, 2010, 06:11 PM
Not sure whether that means you've solved your issue or not, but if not:

You (that would be me right now!) can't maintain a Proxomitron list without example matches. Several matches, since sites die away over the years. You could add the appropriate entry to the appropriate list, along with a log line. Then google for matches. Then submit them. Two search URLs that often help:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aww...TCH.COM%22
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:newv...TCH.COM%22

For clixmetrix.com above links do not help however...
Sep. 22, 2010, 06:17 PM
i see that Alexa - http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/clixmetrix.com - doesn't rate it very high, so i guess this "tracker" is fairly benign...

i'll keep my eye open for some in-the-wild examples...
Sep. 23, 2010, 03:49 PM
I've already noticed an improvement surfing. Hey, I could be wrong, but it seems like the color of "dim white backrounds" has changed a little bit -- just a little. It's a little darker. I like it! It's the perfect shade. Not too dark. I don't know. Maybe that's a simple tweak, but it's a great option to have because it dims the background in the browser just enough to be less distracting and easier on the user's eye. This is UNBELIEVABLE!!
Sep. 23, 2010, 07:06 PM
must just be your eyes - or your monitor getting older and fading out on you...

the color is still #F8F8F8...
Sep. 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
Thank you Sidki!
Sep. 24, 2010, 12:21 PM
I don't have Ozo's Google Toggle for the Left Navigation Bar. Ozo made it also for Google with white background. I turn off your blue background for Google and I turn off the alternate google display. I want the white background for Google search page and results page. (I wouldn't mind a green background but blue...no thanks). I guess it doesn't matter as long as Scroogle exists because I never use Google anymore. But if Scroogle ever goes away then I would sure like to be able to toggle off that bar on the left side of Google's results page.
Sep. 24, 2010, 06:04 PM
(Sep. 19, 2010 07:24 PM)Toppy Wrote:  Can you please add new beta version to the submission form selection box ?

Notified Kye-U Smile!
Sep. 24, 2010, 06:06 PM
(Sep. 22, 2010 12:02 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  i have an "AdDomains" entry that you may wish to include - poc.clixmetrix.com

Addendum: I've set a trigger for "clixmetrix.com", but it doesn't look like i'm getting any matches.
Sep. 24, 2010, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 24, 2010 06:13 PM by sidki3003.)
(Sep. 24, 2010 12:21 PM)Mele20 Wrote:  I don't have Ozo's Google Toggle for the Left Navigation Bar. Ozo made it also for Google with white background. I turn off your blue background for Google and I turn off the alternate google display. I want the white background for Google search page and results page. (I wouldn't mind a green background but blue...no thanks). I guess it doesn't matter as long as Scroogle exists because I never use Google anymore. But if Scroogle ever goes away then I would sure like to be able to toggle off that bar on the left side of Google's results page.

Posted beta (as well as the Google update for alpha 4) allows for applying the "Navigation Bar" toggle without applying any theme at all, or with the light blue theme, which is basically a shaded white theme.

Just try playing around a little with the available switches.
Sep. 24, 2010, 09:06 PM
(Sep. 24, 2010 06:06 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Addendum: I've set a trigger for "clixmetrix.com", but it doesn't look like i'm getting any matches.

i've done the same here - i'm only getting a match at that Marathon Chase site...

i'm seeing from 'research' that Citibank has a few different online credit card application processes that "track clicks" via clixmetrix - but i'm not gonna fill out an online app to test that claim, lol...

if i do indeed find it "out in the wild", i'll be sure to post the links here...
not sure if i'm gonna be able to find any or not...
Thread Closed