Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Jul. 29, 2004, 02:13 AM

Quote:Hey,you're both at the top of my "poppet list"-along with Bold_Fortune,naturally

Poppet, . . . .A magical doll (also known as ritual effigies, voodoo dolls, Kolossos and Kolossoi) made for the purpose of spell-casting and/or ritual magic in Witchcraft and Voodoo. Poppets are usually made to represent someone or something that for some reason is not present at the ritual performance, or it is the object of the spell-casting. If the spell is a curse, the poppet is either pierced with pins, nails or shards, bound with cord, covered with hot candle wax or hung by the neck. This actions are supposed to bring death, misfortune, illness, or to bind and stop someone from a particular activity
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:a powerful image of Bruce Dern popped into my head...

Try a 6' 1", "Orson Wells" with a thundering voice in the register of "Barry White" & piercing deep green eyes housed under "Jack Nicholson's" eyebrows that can look into the darkest reaches of one's psyche and not even flinch at the level of depravity, then one might be closer to the truth than One might think. *Smiles* Big Teeth

"Why seek out one's destiny, when one's fate is already preordained"~Grim Reaper~Taken from the june issue of "Dark Tales", 1972
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 30, 2004, 08:59 AM

"Poppet" has come to mean something entirely different this side of the pond.
You must've found that definition in an ancient Haitian Witch Doctor's Grimoire....

Then of course,you mentioned three of the worlds most attractive men-suggesting you're more than capable of casting spells of your own,JaK.

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?
Jul. 30, 2004, 06:09 PM

by Jaded_Goth Wrote:.... suggesting you're more than capable of casting spells of your own, JaK.
We used to cal Jak "that tin-tongued devil", but now he's going for silver!! [lol]

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!