redirect localhost:81to a set domain
Jul. 29, 2011, 12:10 AM
redirect localhost:81to a set domain
is it possible to redirect (not jump) from localhost:81 (file) to mydomain.com

This sounds simple but here is the catch.

All traffic on this pc goes out to a corporate authenticating proxy (which is configured by a script). I need that to continue for security reasons.

I have one program that needs to get updates but it cannot work though that corporate proxy hence using proxomitron BUT I would like it for one port only that only.

So far I can configure the pc to use the corp proxy and proxomitron set up to listen on port 81. but the only way I can direct (force) any traffic is to
localhost:81
which delivers me files. hence the question. Is it possible to redirect (not jump) from localhost:81/ (file) to mydomain.com?

I tried creating localhost:81/ myredirectpage.html with a refresh tag but that caused it to redirect out of port 81 and out through the corporate proxy which is not want I need.Banging Head

I am sure this is either going to be very simple or impossible.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 30, 2011, 01:09 AM
RE: redirect localhost:81to a set domain
(Jul. 29, 2011 12:10 AM)webgurupc Wrote:  is it possible to redirect (not jump) from localhost:81 (file) to mydomain.com

The Proxomitron provides a local file server but, I think, the Proxomitron will reply with 'file not found' for something like "localhost:81/\1&$RDIR(http://\1)".

Regardless, I'd expect use of the corporate proxy to be mandatory. Otherwise...

Sounds like a question for your system administrator.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply