Facebook up to old tricks
Sep. 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
Facebook up to old tricks
Facebook has changed several features over the past few days and therefore has left my pages all jumbled up. If you click on someones profile page you have to scroll down the page to start viewing it.

Can any of the proxo gurus help with this.

Kind Regards

Scoop
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 05, 2011, 01:37 AM
RE: Facebook up to old tricks
This will happen if you're using fonts larger than 100%.
Sep. 05, 2011, 02:22 PM
Hmmm its becoming a bit of a pain, other features arnt working correctly too, buttons missing etc.

As for the post about the font,, I will pretend I didnt see it!

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 06, 2011, 02:00 AM
(Sep. 05, 2011 02:22 PM)scoop Wrote:  Hmmm its becoming a bit of a pain, other features arnt working correctly too, buttons missing etc.

Could you be more specific? I logged in before elshaddai's post here and didn't find a problem. Granted, I didn't want to linger, however.
Sep. 06, 2011, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 06, 2011 09:20 AM by scoop.)
(Sep. 06, 2011 02:00 AM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Sep. 05, 2011 02:22 PM)scoop Wrote:  Hmmm its becoming a bit of a pain, other features arnt working correctly too, buttons missing etc.

Could you be more specific? I logged in before elshaddai's post here and didn't find a problem. Granted, I didn't want to linger, however.

Yeah sorry JJoe.

I try to explain a bit better. The icons on the page to delete posts and edit things used to be a "X" on each posting, however now there is nothing unless you move your mouse along the post slowly and a invisible "l" appears. Also if you click on yours or a friends profile page there is a page with nothing and you have to scroll right to bottom to see anything. To close some things down on other pages it now has a XXXXXXX instead of X.

I hope this makes a bit more sense, its difficult to do a screen cap but if it helps i try to get one.

[Image: e.JPG]

I can assure you its not my fonts too!!!

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 07, 2011, 02:16 AM
Which browser and version are you using?
I'm not seeing these problems in Firefox5, Chrome, Opera11, or IE9, yet...

Does it also happen while using the sidki_oob cfg?

Quote: To close some things down on other pages it now has a XXXXXXX instead of X.

Maybe I didn't look in the right place. Close what on which page?

May be absent for a day or two.
Sep. 07, 2011, 09:20 AM
(Sep. 07, 2011 02:16 AM)JJoe Wrote:  Which browser and version are you using?
I'm not seeing these problems in Firefox5, Chrome, Opera11, or IE9, yet...

Does it also happen while using the sidki_oob cfg?

Quote: To close some things down on other pages it now has a XXXXXXX instead of X.

Maybe I didn't look in the right place. Close what on which page?

May be absent for a day or two.

Hi JJoe,

Been using Ie8. Thought Id give firefox 7b4 a go and all was fine. Everything the way it was supposed to be and this got me thinking!!. So next I tried Ie9 and this give the same problems but after a bit fiddle on I discovered it was compatibility view that was giving me problems. I normally have view all sites in compatibility mode and having removed the tick FB seems to have worked properly again.Smile!

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 07, 2011, 01:08 PM
(Sep. 07, 2011 09:20 AM)scoop Wrote:  I discovered it was compatibility view that was giving me problems

ah, interesting...
thanks for the update, i would have never thought of 'compatibility' view...
Sep. 08, 2011, 10:50 AM
Hmmmm Think I spoke to soon.

When running with compatibility view turned off there seems to be a few other filters that dont work. Adverts and pop ups seem to get through.

A bit more fiddling on and I discovered that in the proxomitron menu on the side if I turn it down to light mode all seems fine, Its all very confusing and Im starting to loose the plot a bit now!!!

Its obvious that a filter from the standard mode in my defaut config is causing a problem but how do I find which one???

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 08, 2011, 11:36 AM
i don't have a facebook account, so...

but, the "how do i find which one?" is an easier question to answer Smile!
it does take some patience though...

i'd start by "assuming" that it is a WEB PAGE FILTER and not a header filter (just by sheer statistical "odds")...

open up your Proxo's "Webpage Filters" window, the dialog box that has the checkbox column on the left where filters are enabled/disabled...

in the "search/find" box down at the bottom, 'filter' the list of filters to narrow the list down to only show the filters that the "standard" mode adds over-and-above the mode 'below' it, the "light" mode...

the filters are named with various "codes" within the names themselves...
"standard" mode filters have a .1 in their name...
"light" mode filters have a .0 in their name...

back to that checkbox dialog window's search/find field -
type .1\) into that field...
the \ is Proxo's "escape" character so that we can include the closing parenthisis ) in our search...

the list now only shows the "standard" mode filters...
uncheck a few that are currently showed in bold, clear your Facebook cache (but keep the "cookies" so you don't have to log back in), refresh your browser view...

if the problem is still there, the filters that you just unchecked are not the culprit, re-enable them and disable a few others... "rinse and repeat"...

it will be a trial-and-error method until the filter is "found" - so be patient...

you could also start with o.1\) (the 'o' meaning Optional, that sidki didn't enable it by default for the particular mode)...

for example, my checkbox window is showing that i've enabled a "off-domain banners" and two "on-domain ad" filters that sidki's "standard" mode has disabled, i'd uncheck those first, clear cache, keep cookies, refresh, and see if that fixed it...

then would go from there with the filters that don't have that leading 'o'...

once found, you then add that filter's "keyword" to your Exceptions-U list for facebook's url (or, could become another hunt-and-find, it might be an off-sight URL, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it)...

don't change your "default" config on account of facebook...
alter your Exceptions-U list so that your "default" works with facebook...
no need to make your filtering "less secure" on the account of facebook...

hope that helps...
Sep. 08, 2011, 01:31 PM
(Sep. 08, 2011 10:50 AM)scoop Wrote:  Its all very confusing and Im starting to loose the plot a bit now!!!

First, try starting fresh, turn compatibility off, clear browser's cache, maybe clear cookies and dom storage, close browser.
Sep. 08, 2011, 05:09 PM
Ok what does User-Agent: Manage listed Strings in the http filters do?? I disabled it and it made facebook work but google stopped working!!??
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "User-Agent: Manage listed Strings - Set Var 06.12.08 [sd] (d.r l.3) (Out)"
Match = "\0&$SET(hOrigUA=\0)&((^$TST(keyword=*.(a_headers|i_ua:[#*:0]|i_level:[12]).*))$LST(User-Agents)|$SET(1=\0))"
Replace = "\1"

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 08, 2011, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: Sep. 08, 2011 07:17 PM by JJoe.)
Assuming that you have no other Facebook entries in Exceptions-U,
Do both work after you add

Code:
[^/]++.facebook.com/                            $SET(0=i_ua:0.)

to Exceptions-U AKA Exceptions-U.ptxt?

The browser sends a User-Agent header to identify itself. The set modifies the header. Above entry should allow the original to be sent to Facebook.

HTH
Sep. 09, 2011, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 09, 2011 10:11 AM by scoop.)
(Sep. 08, 2011 07:17 PM)JJoe Wrote:  Assuming that you have no other Facebook entries in Exceptions-U,
Do both work after you add

Code:
[^/]++.facebook.com/                            $SET(0=i_ua:0.)

to Exceptions-U AKA Exceptions-U.ptxt?

The browser sends a User-Agent header to identify itself. The set modifies the header. Above entry should allow the original to be sent to Facebook.

HTH

Brilliant stuff again JJoe..

That seems to do the trick so far.
One thing I did notice though since is that when I click a link on facebook for an external site it now opens a new window whereas before it used to use the same window so i could just click back button.

Kind Regards

Scoop
Sep. 09, 2011, 10:49 AM
hmm, just a guess, but i suspect that is due to that being a change made by facebook at the same time they made the change that 'tested' for user agent string...