New to Proxomitron
Aug. 01, 2004, 10:33 AM

Oddysey....ooohh you are 'orrible,but I like you. (Dick Emery-remember him-he was your role model from the 1970's)

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 01, 2004, 12:55 PM

Dick Emery? I had to PM Jaded_Goth for clarification. As they say in business reports, "we are in sensitive negotiations at the moment". Stay tuned for the further bulletins.

(Confidential sources report that so far it looks like there will be very little blood spilled, if any at all. Details at 11.)

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Aug. 01, 2004, 01:05 PM

Jaded Goth , Please don't think that I was in any way trying to ridicule you or anyone else . You are the jewel on this forum and I look forward to reading everything you write . Oddysey has some colorful prose but I am sure there is no belittling or rudeness intended . Your computer expertise is more than mine . I must have crashed this machine a 100 times but keep coming back a little wiser than before by reading posts by Oddyesey , Kye , Sidke , Proxrock , z12 , Arne and bunch of others . I hate to think that I am an elitist . Hell , I'm not even a democrat ! Best regards , Ralph
Aug. 01, 2004, 01:25 PM

Ralph;

I did ask her to exonerate you!

Oddysey

Aug. 01, 2004, 01:40 PM

Oddysey , I wish HPguru were back because the two of you would go at each other like a Tyson-Holyfield match , only better . I'm not sure who would bite the ear off ! Only in jest , friend .
Aug. 01, 2004, 02:19 PM

Ralph;

You know, as much as hp did not particularly care for me, I hold him in pretty high esteem. Somehow, I just can't picture him engaging lowly riff-raff like me in any kind of debate. On the other hand, I don't have the couth it takes to keep my mouth shut Big Teeth

Oddysey

Aug. 01, 2004, 02:50 PM

Ralph Wrote:Jaded Goth , Please don't think that I was in any way trying to ridicule you or anyone else . You are the jewel on this forum and I look forward to reading everything you write . Oddysey has some colorful prose but I am sure there is no belittling or rudeness intended . Your computer expertise is more than mine . I must have crashed this machine a 100 times but keep coming back a little wiser than before by reading posts by Oddyesey , Kye , Sidke , Proxrock , z12 , Arne and bunch of others . I hate to think that I am an elitist . Hell , I'm not even a democrat ! Best regards , Ralph
Steady on old chap.There's no need to go overboard.

This is a horrible misunderstanding of Kafka-esque proportions,I fear.I haven't got a blinking clue what the reference meant.Therefore,I owe you an apology,Ralph.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine someone gaping in incredulity at the stupid questions I ask at times.Wholly understandable,really.

Aug. 01, 2004, 02:55 PM

Ralph Wrote:Oddysey , I wish HPguru were back because the two of you would go at each other like a Tyson-Holyfield match , only better . I'm not sure who would bite the ear off ! Only in jest , friend .
Reminds me of a joke...

Not long ago, a few years, I'm guessing, Tyson was hard-pressed for any opponents to allow him into the ring... Boxing politics, as I recall...

Anyway, it eventually came down to Tyson offering up $1 million green-backs (dollars, not ducks) for the chance to step into the ring with someone...

Being versed in both Karate and Tae Kwon Do, I was ranting and raving to my friends that I'd be more than happy to step into the ring with him for $1 million...

And my friends were like, "yeah, we can see it now, you jumping up and down the ring, running around in a circle, avoiding jabs, but getting very few of your own in..."

And my response was, "you're right I'm going to be running around the ring, no way am I going to let his fist make contact with me, that's for sure..."

And then added, "but this is going to make me famous... all that running around and such, I'll be known all around the world as the 'Tyson Chicken'..."

Hey, I may be the "Tyson Chicken" - but I would have been a millionaire also...

But anyway - what was the question again?
Aug. 01, 2004, 03:10 PM

All this conflict, and me without a aqequate soap box... yet.

Normally I'm the devil's advocate on a forum, not necessarily disliking anyone, but having arguments left and right nonetheless. When I'm better established here, be on the lookout for such activity.

In the meantime, STOP DRIFTING MY TOPIC!!!

I'll try being nicer when you try being smarter.
Visit this user's website
Aug. 01, 2004, 03:21 PM

Gang;

<span style='color:#DD1010'>-FLASH-
This just in.....
Preliminary reports indicate that there will be no blood bath, so galoshes are no longer recommended for today's daily walk in the forums.
[/news flash]</span>

Yes, Jaded_Goth hand I had a difference of opinion about my long message (above), but we've mended the fence, which was not really leaning over very far after all. For my part, I lost no more than half my dignity in making the following committments to her. I had to:

> profess my undying devotion to her;
> show her pictures of my grandkids;
> promise to FedEx her a case of Johnny Walker Red;
> swear off casting evil spells over politicians;

and a bunch of minor stuff. (OK, she let me continue to harrass politicians, but now I have to use more mundane methods. She's right, I wasn't really very good at that spells thing. From now on, I'll hire a professional!)

For all who participated in this little adventure, please be advised that you haven't lost your marbles. I left my post unedited, due to its being a bit of a history lesson, but Jaded_Goth did edit her's, for her own reasons. Now, your marbles are still rolling around out in the hallway. We both suggest that you take this opportunity to go pick 'em up before something bad happens.

Oddysey

Aug. 01, 2004, 03:49 PM

Good gravy, there's a lot of activity right now. In the short time it took me to write that news flash, no less than three of you weighed in! Good thing I'm in fine form this morning, eh? :P

First, in brief, I owe Jaded_Goth an apology for bringing Ralph into the fray. Ralph understood that he was being poked in the ribs, so to speak, as he is constantly stating that he is in "awe and wonder" at what we do here. It's obvious now that J_G hasn't seen those particular posts, at least not recently. Sorry 'bout that.

Next, a_s_b, you're in the batter's box, so to speak. Tyson-Holyfield, hp-Oddysey.... who's next? Who you gonna take on? I wanna sell tickets! Big Teeth

Oh, yeah.... about that topical drift thing. We have an "off topic" smilie here. Until it gets used, the winds blow where they may!

ProxRocks, that was terrible! [lol] Keep it up! More, please!

Jaded_Goth;
Quote:It wouldn't be hard to imagine someone gaping in incredulity at the stupid questions I ask at times.Wholly understandable,really.
No matter how many times we say it, it still bears repeating. All together now, on the count of three. One, two, three! "There ain't no such thing as a stupid question!" Granted, there might be some stupid answers out there, but in fact, asking questions is a sign of intelligence, curiosity, and desire to make one's self better in life. 'Nuff said.

No, not enough said. Here goes....

Do you think I was born knowing all these things? No, obviously not. But consider: I had to learn everything from somebody, didn't I? And how the hell was I to learn if I hadn't asked questions? Riddle me that, me bucko. (Errr... should that be "me buckette"?)

In my PM, I said that I share like I was a junkie for it. My teachers shared with me, it's only right that I turn around and share that learning with others. But here's the kicker: I'm not, repeat not any bleedin' smarter than anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that I got curious before you did. That's all. Truly. Got a counter-argument to that statement? I'll cheerfully poo-poo it, if you'll be so kind as to post it! :o Smile!

Now 'nuff said!

Oddysey

Aug. 01, 2004, 04:03 PM

a_stupid_box Wrote:In the meantime, STOP DRIFTING MY TOPIC!!!
Get Over It!!!

I can see it now - TWO threads for EVERY topic...

The first one being the initial question...
The second one being the first-respondant answer...

And then NOTHING - because the question has already been answered...

"Topic drift" exists on EVERY forum - live with it...
We tend to stay on topic most of the time - better than I can say for other forums...
Stop trying to "micro-manage" the discussion...

There - I've laid my two cents on the table...
Forget the fact that I wanted to re-design a pellet gun and fire the pennies your way...

If your "initial question" was not answered adequately, them please restate it...
We, the people of this COMMUNITY, will seek to answer it and re-answer it until an adequate answer is sitting at your door step...

If we perceive the answer has already been stated and have nothing further to add to the topic at hand, we may, possibly, on occasion, sway from that topic in the spirit of building COMMUNITY...

I now return you to your Niccolo Machiavelli Prince-like Hitler-ish management of the rest of this thread...

In the meantime, I shall return to my id-repressive super-ego Freudian state of being...

The floor is now yours, Prince Stupid...
Aug. 01, 2004, 04:13 PM

Oddysey Wrote:But here's the kicker: I'm not, repeat not any bleedin' smarter than anyone else here. The only difference between you and me is that I got curious before you did. That's all. Truly. Got a counter-argument to that statement? I'll cheerfully poo-poo it, if you'll be so kind as to post it! :o Smile!
mmm..yeah,but,Dude,you were born before me.

@ProxRocks:ee-zee,tiger.LMAO.

Aug. 01, 2004, 04:14 PM

A_S_B , What was the topic ? Smile! Great to have you on board this train . ProxRocks , I thought I was the only one with bad jokes ! Good one though . Oddysey , you are the greatest Hail Cheers Jaded_Goth Insist on Johnny Walker Blue !
Aug. 01, 2004, 04:17 PM

I'm tee-total,Ralph.Oddysey misheard.My actual words were "Gimme twen'ee Rothmans,and we'll call it quits".