URL commands aren't working (for me) in IE9
Jan. 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
RE: URL commands aren't working (for me) in IE9
First, a hearty "Thanks!" to JJoe, he led me to the correct solution.

Second, an admission of my own embarrassment at not recalling all this dicussion at the time of IE7's introduction.

Third, the problem is solved. I had been so smitten with my long-ago written Favorites links (those explicitly using URL commands, with the two dots) that I was completely forgetting that there is an alternative. JJoe's mention of "change the dot characters to dashes or something else" prompted me to, once again, go to the source.

As usual, all praise to Scott for looking ahead. Wink One is not limited to two dots, one may also use.... two slashes!!! Oh boy, and here I was, all ready to start looking for a new browser, one that didn't think that The Proxomitron was a bad guy, trying to shiv my browser into committing mayhem on my system.

Not that I'm so dead-set on IE, it's just that after decades (not just years, but several decades) of being the guinea pig, I've had it with fooling around "what might be" - I'm willing to use what's provided, and live with that. If/when something doesn't work right, or doesn't work at all, I've got Proxo to get me over that hurdle - what more could a guy want, eh? Wink

So, a few moments with MED, and I'm back to the races. For the occasional trip out the door without galoshes, I'll probably get my feet wet, until I remember to train my fingers to use dbug// or bypass//, instead of the 13-year-old habit of two dots. I think I can stand that kind of training regimen, thank you very much. Smile!

Cheers to all, for showing me the light! Thumbs Up And I hereby nominate Scott R. Lemmon for sainthood!!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: URL commands aren't working (for me) in IE9 - Oddysey - Jan. 17, 2012 05:41 PM