Where else are you?
Jul. 30, 2004, 10:59 PM

I've only posted on a handful, this is only the third one I consider myself a "member" of. One of the others is the old "Dawn" Forum (Glitchless was creating a first-person RPG in 2000 or so, completely player moderated. When the project was scrapped, the forums were dumped so that hundreds of angry nerds wouldn't flame.) Glitchless still has some info about Dawn as if they're ever going to pick it up again.

The other board is the SCDB -- Star Control Discussion Board ( http://www.star-control.com ). For those of you who aren't familiar with the SC games, get familiar. Star Control 2 is the best game you'll ever play. If you've played it and loved it back in '92 when it was released, you'll be glad to know there's an open source project called "The Ur-Quan Masters" (Accolade still has rights over the franchise name but not over content). On the SCDB I believe I have 800 or so more posts than any other member, with an average of over 1,000 characters per post. Most of it is angry ranting, but my point is that at least it has actual content.

I always use the same moniker, btw, and to my knowlege it's unique. I'll bet you can't guess my IM screen names... (eternaught in AOL... they don't support underscores).

I'll try being nicer when you try being smarter.
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 31, 2004, 02:59 AM

I frequent a few other sites mostly system or software related. I usually use different names but use this one on a couple other sites. Never heard of Star Control. Welcome
Jul. 31, 2004, 01:53 PM

Hi "a_stupid_box",
Welcome to the Forum! Smile! Glad You are here! Cheers We are all just one Big Proxo-Clan, friends helping friends. I hope that You know that You are a part of us. Everyone is welcome. "Arne" always taught Me that the more we share the more we are all the better for it. And I've always said that "all of us together are a whole lot better than any one of us alone".
So again let Me Welcome You to the forum, and I look forward to reading Your posts.
Take Care & Safe-Surfin',
"Jak" [smoke]
Jul. 31, 2004, 05:14 PM

Hello,a_stupid_box.

I'll second what JaK said about looking forward to reading your posts.Great to see someone with strongly-held views..
The fur will fly,but what I like about this forum is everyone stays friends-even after a heated debate.

I'm only a member of one other site:http://cexx.org

Welcome!

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?