Adapting proxo 4.5 to the latest OpenSSL DLLs
Jan. 25, 2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Adapting proxo 4.5 to the latest OpenSSL DLLs
So far, no success on 98SE. I decided to completely remove OpenSSL and start the whole process over. I reinstalled the Visual C++ 2008 Redistributables for Windows 9x/NT4, first the Runmagic.bat, then the install global.bat. I then installed Win32OpenSSL_Light-1_0_1L.exe and ran the FixSSL_9xNT4.bat in its bin folder. Rebooted. I copied Proxomitron.exe to the folder containing the patcher and ran it. The checksum verifies. Copied it and the 2 certificate files back to the Proxomitron folder. Extracted the 2 DLLs from amy in post 35 to the Proxomitron folder. When I open an HTTPS page, I get:
"Sorry, but I need...
ssleay32.dll and libeay.dll
to do this.

I'll experiment with the KernelEx settings to see if it helps but it didn't make any difference the last time.

Question. Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly (again) to see this correctly. What is the purpose of installing OpenSSL and "fixing" its files for 9X systems, then copying patched DLLs directly to the Proxomitron folder? It seems to me that the installed OpenSSl isn't going to be used when the files are also in the applications folder.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adapting proxo 4.5 to the latest OpenSSL DLLs - herbalist - Jan. 25, 2015 06:45 PM