Adapting proxo 4.5 to the latest OpenSSL DLLs
Mar. 28, 2015, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: Mar. 28, 2015 07:33 PM by ProxRocks.)
RE: Adapting proxo 4.5 to the latest OpenSSL DLLs
(Mar. 24, 2015 12:32 AM)herbalist Wrote:  It may not be apparent in that thread, but there's a growing distrust of Mozilla, especially FireFox and a good amount of frustration over the alternatives, or lack of.

That's one of the main reason I prefer Proxomitron. Short of removing the ability to use a proxy, nothing that they change can bypass it. Based on what I've seen there, if the HTTPS and certificate issues can be addressed, a fair number of people would be using it again.

Amen! to the growing distrust of Firefox - IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT PEOPLE FINALLY WISED UP !!!...

Regarding "a fair number of people would be using it again" - what does 'it' refer to, Firefox or PROXOMITRON?

I personally am of the opinion that if PROXO's https and certificate issues can be AXED ENTIRELY (at user discretion, we are smart enough to know if we want it or not!), that more people would be using it...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 28, 2015, 07:38 PM
(Mar. 27, 2015 03:58 AM)herbalist Wrote:  I suspect that maintaining compatibility with OpenSSL may prove to be the equivalent of chasing a moving target.

agreed!
Mar. 28, 2015, 09:49 PM
ProxRocks Wrote:Regarding "a fair number of people would be using it again" - what does 'it' refer to, Firefox or PROXOMITRON?
I was referring to Proxomitron. Several I've talked to backed away from Proxomitron because of the certificate issues.
Mar. 29, 2015, 03:34 PM
see attachment spreadsheet
Test 1d is the best combo for me........

Attached File(s)
.jpg  MyConfig compare.jpg (Size: 174.88 KB / Downloads: 1015)
Mar. 30, 2015, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: Mar. 30, 2015 01:25 AM by ProxRocks.)
nice analysis!

best route for me, by FAR!, is to *NOT* use SSL .dll's but to filter httpS via *half-ssl*...

i should "never" need to update any SSL .dll's because i'm not using any Smile!
i have the Amy Hex4U "patch" but don't feel like i "need" it, not if i'm not using *any* SSL .dll's...

i'm not seeing any "need" for the ProxyMII thingie...
Mar. 30, 2015, 06:07 PM
not seeing any "need" for the ProxyMII thingie...
exc maybe these items not being blocked w/o ProxyMII
see attached

Attached File(s)
.jpg  HTTPS at Banksite.jpg (Size: 249.72 KB / Downloads: 1166)
Mar. 30, 2015, 07:36 PM
ugh, maybe i'll have to revisit the ProxyMII thingie...
when i did try it, i didn't feel like it should take me ten minutes to "learn" how to use it...
maybe it's more "straightforward" now...
Dec. 27, 2015, 12:27 PM
Happy holidays, I come bearing new OpenSSL DLLs! 1.0.1q Big Teeth
(Mar. 27, 2015 03:58 AM)herbalist Wrote:  I suspect that maintaining compatibility with OpenSSL may prove to be the equivalent of chasing a moving target.
Proxomitron doesn't use much of OpenSSL functionality and all of the 1.0.x versions should be usable without modifying it. The patches to it that I've posted are just to add some new useful functionality, and to change from 0.9.8x to 1.0.x. I also have a script that downloads the latest 1.0.1x release, configures it and applies any bugfixes (currently just the Opera 9.x OCSP nonce handling), then compiles, so updating OpenSSL is easy.

I'm currently testing a patch that shows the complete certificate chain of the server, which will make it easier to troubleshoot some problems.

Also, if you're looking for a certs.pem you can use the cacert.pem from http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html (you'll have to rename it to certs.pem for Proxomitron to load it), this is the same set of certificates that Firefox has.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Proxo_OpenSSL_101Q_DLLs.zip (Size: 728.43 KB / Downloads: 2144)
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to amy for this post:
usr, chatterer, whenever, cattleyavns, fpout, thomasmo, TheScaryGuy
Dec. 28, 2019, 05:39 PM
101u is available. Is it possible to get these dlls in there? I tried using binary DLLs from other sites but Proxo would not launch. Thank you.