Google Search Page Different
Aug. 13, 2016, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: Aug. 14, 2016 07:54 AM by Callahan.)
Google Search Page Different
Seems that in the last few weeks ... the Google search page is acting different. Now today I am no longer able to see the dark blue Sidki Google search page as before.

I am seeing a white page with those stupid cartoon characters in motion. I have not changed anything to my knowledge.

Are others also seeing a change with the Google search page? I use the Sidki filter set and always use the dark blue default look.

I have played around some more with Google and I am no longer able to see the dark blue default page that is in the Sidki Filter Set. It is white with cartoon animation. I have two browsers ... K-Meleon v1.8.24 and Pale Moon Portable Atom/WinXP (32-bit). Both were OK before ... maybe in the last week ... I think I was seeing the dark blue Google page in the last week but I noticed it wasn't always the dark blue page. Sometimes it was and sometimes not. Now it appears to be gone for good.

Also, I wanted to try this filter set that I found yesterday but I can't get it installed.

Name = "Google Search: Alternate Display 13.08.10 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)"

I don't have a lot of knowledge installing filters and always have to get help. These are the instructions that I saved ... maybe from 2012 for another filter set.

---------------------------------------------
Install Info

The two header filters are fairly simple. Copy one of them to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTTP Header Filter dialog; Left click any existing filter; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Repeat for second header filter; Disable any
old versions of new filters; Click all the oks; Save config.

The sidki set needs some header filters to precede others. Adding header filters can change their order of application. Don't add "URL:" style header filters.

We have been using clicking "Configure -> OK -> Save -> Reload" several times on the Proxomitron's main dialog screen to force our desired header filter order.

Header filters are applied in the order that they appear in the config file, not the header filter dialog.

Webpage Filters:

Copy "Google_2012_08_19.txt" to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTML Webpage Filters dialog; Left click on "|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Google"; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Disable all the filters in the old Google section. Click all the oks; Save config.

HTH
----------------------------------------------

My problem now is I am getting this "small box" in Proxomitron saying : "Sorry I can't find any filters in the clipboard. Make sure any text is formatted correctly."

I can see the filter set is copied to the clipview in XP.

How do I get Proxomitron to read it or find it on the "ClipBook Viewer" in Windows XP? I know in Windows 98SE ... it was called Clipboard and then the name was changed in Windows XP.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016 03:04 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 13, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:25 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 10:13 PM