Google Search Page Different
Aug. 13, 2016, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 13, 2016 04:57 PM by Callahan.)
RE: Google Search Page Different
JJoe ... well I was able to get the one filter set into Proxomitron from the clipboard.

I don't know if I really needed that filter set but since it was for Google ... decided to add it ... found them in an older post discussion.

Name = "Google: action-menu to links 14.07.10 [multi] [ADD]" ... more detail at the end of this post.

OK ... it's good to hear that you are not seeing a change on your end. So it has to be something with my setup. I just did a backup one week ago of my XP setup so I may resort to running it later today. That will tell me if everything was OK when I made that backup.

You asked ... Is the Proxomitron filtering HTTPS? Are any filters working at Google search?

This is the address for my Google search that I have saved ...
https://www.google.com/

Is it possible something got unchecked in my setup ... I'm not really sure what to look for ... it is "https" in the address.

It seems like the other filters could be working ... no ads on the left or right. It seems to be the main page that is white with crazy animation running.

The filters in the clipboard must be properly formatted. Which post did you copy them from?

On the same page 01 ... a little further down was this thread.

Google: action-menu to links 13.04.28 [multi] [ADD] Not working any more

In the thread was this filter set ...

[Patterns]
Name = "Google: action-menu to links 14.07.10 [multi] [ADD]"
Active = TRUE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "$TST(hCT=*html)(www|encrypted).google.(*/)+{1}(intl/(*/)+{1}(^?)|search\?(^tbm=isch|*\&tbm=isch)|webhp|(^?))$SET(keyword=$TST(keyword=\1.(i_layout:[#*:0].)+\2)\1.i_layout:2.\2)"
Bounds = "<div class="action-menu ab_ctl">$INEST(<div,</div)</div>"
Limit = 2560
Match = "(*(<a( )\#[^<]++href="[h/][^<]+</a>)\#)+*"
Replace = " \@"

As I said earlier, they may not be anything that I need in my setup but not sure.

My mistake was that I did not "left click" exactly on the - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Google line.

Webpage Filters:

Copy "Google_2012_08_19.txt" to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTML Webpage Filters dialog; Left click on "|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Google"; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Disable all the filters in the old Google section. Click all the oks; Save config.

In the earlier part of those install instructions it says to "left click" any existing filter. That is what I was doing earlier and the filter set would not copy till I did a left click "only" on that one ... |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Google line.

"The two header filters are fairly simple. Copy one of them to the clipboard; Open the Proxomitron's HTTP Header Filter dialog; Left click any existing filter; Right click and left click "Import filters from clipboard"; Repeat for second header filter; Disable any old versions of new filters; Click all the oks; Save config."

I don't understand the instructions in the first part ... Can figure that out later. I want to get that ugly Google page back to dark blue.

thanks ...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 13, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016 04:47 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:25 PM