Google Search Page Different
Aug. 14, 2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: Aug. 14, 2016 10:13 AM by Callahan.)
RE: Google Search Page Different
Well, I have a real mystery on my hands. Yesterday when I posted ... after doing the backup ... that all is well and the Google dark blue page was back. Well, after about 20 minutes it was gone and the ugly white page was back with the cartoon animation.

I didn't come back to post about it ... I got offline and did the backup again ... so all was well again ... the dark blue Google page was back but this time it only lasted about an hour.

So early this morning today I did the backup again and all was just fine with the Google dark blue page back ... everything running great. However, this time I was checking the page every 5 minutes or so ... to see if it was still OK and it was. I would go to various web sites in my "Favorites" folder like I have always done. I would check Google every so often and everything was OK.

So I sort of forgot to keep checking ... just checked a few minutes ago and the ugly white page with the animations is back. Once that dark blue Google page is gone ... I can't get it back with any adjustments or junk cleaning. I have to reinstall the backup copy.

So it must be something online or a website or a cookie or cookies messing everything up. This wasn't happening in June or July but seems to have started in August ... maybe just this past week since doing my last backup on Aug 6th.

I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem. I am going to put the backup on again and keep checking Google to try an see when the Google page is changed or what site might be changing everything.

I clean the cookies out a lot ... Google always plants a lot of cookies on my machine ... but I always have cleaned cookies out for years and this was never happening.

K-Meleon has a nice cookie cleaner called CookieCuller ... I've used it for years.

I'm baffled at this time ... everthing is just fine with the Google dark blue page and then it's not.

If anyone is having the same problem ... please share information if you have it figured out ... even if you don't have a solution but you are having a similar problem.

thanks,

Callahan
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 13, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016 10:05 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 02:08 PM