Google Search Page Different
Aug. 14, 2016, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 14, 2016 08:55 PM by Callahan.)
RE: Google Search Page Different
OK ... I have had the computer on mostly for over 6 hours ... going to various web sites, cleaning cookies, junk ... using a password or two at some sites. Shut the computer down and restart ... back on the internet and the Google search page is OK ... dark blue.

I don't know ... I will keep checking the rest of the day.

"RE: Google Search Page Different
Which browsers are affected? Your operating system?
Did this start after a browser update or mod?
Have you tried after clearing the browser's cache and cookies and closing the browser?"

In answer to your questions ... mostly use the K-Meleon browser but when the dark blue Google page is gone and replaced by the ugly white page ... it is also gone if I start the Pale Moon browser. It's just gone for good.

Operating system is Windows XP SP3 ... haven't done any updating to the browsers except for the flash dll ... current version 22.0.0.209 ... from July I think.

Yes, the browsers are set to clean everything when they are shut down and I clean cookies when they are running ... after visiting several sites. I have been doing that for years.

I will see what happens today and tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra ... well as I posted this ... guess what the ugly white Google page is back ... I checked the Google search page several times as I was typing the post a few minutes ago ... it was just fine, dark blue and clean. I didn't log out after posting ... I opened another window and went to a flash check site to check my current flash version. I did not go there before ... but decided to try the Google search page again ... it was changed to the ugly white page.

I don't know what triggered the page to change. I just can not get it back so I will have to do the backup again.

Going to probably have to give up on dark blue Google page. I am getting tired of running the backup several times a day.

I will keep trying to figure this out ... if someone else also starts having this problem ... then it may be of help. Otherwise, I will have to figure this is an isolated case ... I may try putting the older version of flash player back on and see if there could be some connection with this newer version.

I haven't really updated anything but that on the browsers ... I manually put the flash update in the "plugins" folder.

It would be great if I could fix it and not have to resort to that backup several times a day.

I have uploaded a picture of that white Google page. Not sure if it did upload. I see it did upload but it is also moving animation on the computer screen.

---------------------------------------------------
Added: I was wrong about both browsers ... K-Meleon and Pale Moon ... showing the ugly white Google search page. The dark blue Google page is still showing with the Pale Moon browser but the K-Meleon browser is still showing the white page.

However, yesterday I'm sure both browsers were showing the white page.

It may be that I have not used Pale Moon much today ... so it has not had a chance to go bad or lose the dark blue Google page. I don't know ... I will use the Pale Moon browser and see if the ugly white page shows up eventually. I know yesterday both browsers were showing the white page.

Attached File(s)
.gif  Google.gif (Size: 33.87 KB / Downloads: 570)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 13, 2016, 02:31 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 04:45 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 13, 2016, 10:37 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Google Search Page Different - JJoe - Aug. 14, 2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016 04:25 PM
RE: Google Search Page Different - Callahan - Aug. 14, 2016, 10:13 PM