PtronGUI
Sep. 28, 2020, 05:36 AM
PtronGUI
I'm nearly done with the updated PtronGUI for Proxomitron Reborn. I'll be posting the patch sometime soon. (I'm going to be busy for a couple of days, so I may not be able to get back to it right away.)

But here's something... I've been using the Andale Mono forever for coding, right? Until tonight, when I got to thinking about how old that font is and that it's no longer being updated, and so probably has far fewer glyphs compared to today's Courier New and Consolas. I also really don't like forcing users who don't have Andale Mono to install it just for this new interface. Consolas has grown and would seem the better alternative. It uses a slashed zero, and it's been included in all the recent versions of Windows. If the user doesn't have it for some reason, apparently (from what I've read) Consolas is also distributed with the free Excel and Powerpoint viewers, so it should be easy to acquire.

So. I'm thinking PtronGUI should likely be using Consolas for the editors this time around. Thoughts?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply