Proximodo
Nov. 17, 2004, 02:29 PM

First and foremost, to give credit where credit is due, sidki pointed this link out to me... And it certainly seems as a worthwhile mention to the Proxo community...

The link: http://proximodo.sourceforge.net/

Proximodo is essentially an open-source version of Proxomitron (something the community has requested on numerous occasions)...

Please check it out and post your comments back into this thread...
Finally, an open-source project worth sinking your teeth into (as opposed to "the dead fox")... [okay, I never give up the opportunity to express my opinion on that "issue"...]
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 17, 2004, 03:26 PM

I am glad to some work done in this direction. I'll give proximodo a run. Hey stop bashing firefox. Big Teeth I'm giving maxthon a run at the moment. Anyone else here on maxthon?
Nov. 17, 2004, 04:44 PM

elshaddai Wrote:Anyone else here on maxthon?
Used to use MyIE2 until I was directed to Sleipnir (for you 'dead fox' users [dang, there I go again], Sleipnir can be configure to use the Gekko engine, so you have NO excuses Smile!)...

I haven't tried Maxthon yet, though have been meaning to (I have versions 1.1.035, 39, and 67 all downloaded, but none installed yet)... [Why? Because Sleipnir is THAT good!]
Nov. 17, 2004, 08:10 PM

Going to check out proximodo.

I've had Maxthon on my pc but prefer Sleipnir.
Nov. 17, 2004, 08:54 PM

I'm happy that someone is making a Proxomitron clone, especially open-source.

I'm pretty sure that this will take over where Scott Lemmon left off (if he did leave off anything) and will keep Proxomitron alive in a way.

I will try it out soon.

Thanks ProxRocks!
Visit this user's website
Nov. 17, 2004, 09:11 PM

Just got it.

I had to import my existing config (Headers and Web filter) separately.

It's hard to organize the filters as they are all bunched together, instead of the Header and Web Filter lists. (I feel he should work on the organization of the list)

All the filters are functional, which I am very happy with.

I will try to get him to sign up here, and I'll perhaps create a separate category for this, since it seems to be a new revolution!

There, hopefully, we can help shape the future of this program to be as familiar as Proxomitron was to us Eyes Closed Smile

--------

Quote:If you are willing to participate in Proximodo's development, you are very welcome. Parts that most need help:

* Testing (engine/proxy/GUI)
    * Debugging, and tracking memory leaks (if any)
    * Completing help pages
    * Translating help pages and .lng files to other languages
    * Porting to other platforms (I don't have Linux installed right now, but a Knoppix distro)
    * Creating a nice website
    * Developping new or missing options
    * Whatever smart idea you have to extend Proximodo and make it both powerful and user-friendly, even for for novices

I have offered him webspace and informed him that he will be greeted with lots of posts regarding his program, as, I think we all are shocked and curious about this new "reincarnation" of Proxomitron Big Teeth

I believe we will be able to help him greatly.
Nov. 17, 2004, 09:45 PM

There seems to be 2 projects:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/proxithon/
and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/proximodo/

For Proxithon, there hasn't been any releases released yet.

The author of that project, Kwafu, is busy with Business.

Kwafu Wrote:I have postponed the schechule due to the really busy business-working. Well, I have to struggle for a living. But I will continue this project as soon as I could...

That was posted on September the Fourth this year, so he seems to be really busy Confused

EDIT: I apologize for my 3 consecutive posts [beatdown]
Nov. 17, 2004, 10:54 PM

I'm going to pick up a copy of this and try it out. I hope he joins the forum, that'll be nice to have a programmer that will be able to take suggestions for a Proxomitron replacement and apply them into the program. I think this proggy will evenually be better than Proxo.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Nov. 18, 2004, 01:09 AM

Hi all,
I am Kuruden (aka Antony Boucher), author of Proximodo.
Hey, I didn't expect my software would be noticed so soon Big Teeth

I will not pretend to compete with Proxomitron yet, that the first public release after all. But at least you can test it with your own filters. The regexp engine is 100% Proxo-compatible (as far as I tested it). There is still some improvements to do on the proxy server part.

Let me know your comments and critics.

Antony
Nov. 18, 2004, 02:13 AM

Hi "kuruden",
Glad to Have You here with us! Cheers I hope that You will take up the banner and carry it on where that "Scott" stopped at. One thing that we have all discussed that we wish Proxo could do, and that is that Proxo could monitor other "Ports" and not only Port 80 and Port 443. Have You thought about adding this to "Proximodo"?
Best Wishes,
"Jak" [smoke]
Nov. 18, 2004, 03:03 AM

Hey Kuruden! Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay! Could you explain what exactly is wrong with the proxy server part?

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Nov. 18, 2004, 06:32 AM

Hey there!
Proximodo has just been granted a forum for itself :P
So let me answer your last two questions there....

Kuruden