not working
Nov. 19, 2004, 12:05 AM

When I use Proximodo it will not work for me. I get a DDE error and it says it can't find en_help file. Am I doing something wrong?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 19, 2004, 01:03 AM

I should add; XP pro SP2, the program opens but I get those 2 errors and no pages will load.
Nov. 19, 2004, 01:47 AM

I'll investigate. I also have XP pro SP2 and never met the error. Could you please send me a screen capture of any relevant error messagebox? Do you still access the GUI?

[email protected]
Visit this user's website
Nov. 19, 2004, 02:58 AM

[img]http://img132.eDead.cx/img132/5116/error.gif[/img]

I can access the GUI. What proxy settings are recomended for IE?
Nov. 19, 2004, 04:32 AM

Okay, I see now. Proximodo uses MIME settings to know the default browser for opening html help pages. You probably have some unusual MIME settings. I'll try and fix that for the next release.

You can still open the help pages by going into Proximodo\html\help\en folder and double-clicking f_content.html

Default settings are a good start. If you want to use Proxo and Proxi at the same time, put 8088 in Proximodo and IE, as I tried to explain in f_welcome.html (that help pages need some work.)
Visit this user's website
Nov. 19, 2004, 04:47 PM

Thanks. Welcome
Nov. 22, 2004, 02:12 AM

i, too, am expierencing the same 2 errors on XP SP2. now if you'll excuse me, i'm off to figure out what the heck MIMI settings are...