sidki's config set: previous
Mar. 21, 2004, 09:21 PM

Oddysey Wrote:It would appear that you can now upload the file to here, if you wish to do so.  Kye-U fixed/restored that capability a few days ago.  Cheers
Oddysey, i think Kye-U fixed the attach function to be accessible for all members.
Now IMO attachments are well suited for lists, pics and the like, but not for medium and large size files that are supposed to be regularely updated. I think uploading files (to the archive_in dir) is restricted to root admins.

However, i will attach the config, should there be continuous problems with the D/L link.

sidki
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 21, 2004, 09:23 PM

JakBeNymble Wrote:Thankx "~SidKi~"! Congradulations! On a Job well done! I've just merged the filter set & I'm amazed at what You've accomplished! Cheers
Thanks Jak, glad you like it Big Teeth

sidki
Mar. 21, 2004, 09:34 PM

Great config set.
When I shut down my pc and reboot I cannot get on the net with MyIE2 or Firefox without first loading a different config, saving, shutting down Proxo and starting Proxo again. I can then reload your config untill next reboot.

besafe

XP pro
Mar. 22, 2004, 12:46 AM

Hmm... i could think of two things.

Either you need different default settings:
Open another, working config and copy the entire "[Global]" section to the clipboard.
Open "sidki.ptron" and replace the "[Global]" section with the one from the clipboard.

edit: Do you have SSL filtering enabled in your other configs? If not, try switching it off in my config as well (config -> http -> use ssleay...) before overwriting all settings (above step).

Or something goes wrong with the way you load my config when Proxomitron starts.
Generally there are two ways of starting with a specified config:
Renaming it to "default.cfg" or invoking Proxomitron like "<span style='color:blue'>Proxomitron.exe sidki.ptron</span>".
Both ways work here with MyIE2 and Fx...

sidki
Mar. 22, 2004, 01:15 AM

sidki3003 Wrote:I'll be back to your questions/suggestions later.
Now!

gorgan Wrote:1. If enabled, what is the effect?
[Patterns]
Name = "|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| Injected JS"

All "|||||||||||..." webfilters are just for making life easier by bringing some structure into the config display. Bold-font (activated) filters are main-sections, normal-font (inactive) filters are sub-sections.
They don't filter anything on the page (and don't cost time either).

Quote:2. Fix typo?? (tilte) in Bounds of
[Patterns]
Name = "<title>: Add Time - Fix Tag - Snip Excess 3.12.08 (always) [jd s] (d.1)"
I also saw it in the 2003-11-19 version as well.

Nice to see someone actually looking at the code Smile!
"<title>foo</tilte>" is one of the common "page author" errors that screw page layout. This filter fixes that, besides other things.
(Opera is more relaxed/forgiving than IE and Fx regarding such errors.)

Quote:3. Yahoo Site Specific filters works flawlessly.

Goood Smile!

Quote:4. I had to make an adjustment to your Page Load Timer which does not seem to work for me. I have added these filters from http://www.tntluoma.org. I hope that's alright. However, my browser window - Opera 7.23/7.50p3 displays a longer load time than the filters.

[Patterns]
Name = "<inject>: Page Load Timer I [head][hp]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 11
Match = "(^(^<head>))"
Replace = "<script type="text/javascript">\n"
"<!--\n"
"var pDeadt=new Date();\n"
"function endT() {\n"
"var pxet=new Date();\n"
"loadT=('Load Time: '+(pxet.getTime()-pDeadt.getTime())/1000+' second(s)');\n"
"document.title=document.title.substr(0, 80)+'... '+loadT;\n"
"window.defaultStatus=loadT;\n"
"}//-->\n"
"</script>\n$STOP()"

Name = "<inject>: Page Load Timer II [end][hp]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 50
Match = "<end>"
Replace = "\r"
"<script type="text/javascript">\n"
"<!--\n"
"window.onload=endT;\n"
"//-->\n"
"</script>\n$STOP()"

Hmm... the page load timer should work in Opera 7.2x and up. Works for me in 7.23...

Your first filter looks ok. As to the second, i wouldn't recommend using <end> filters (and neither "<start>" for that matter). try something like "(^(^<ProxBottom>))$STOP()" - see for instance "Bottom Add: Print collected Stuff" as an example for inserting code at the end.

Also, the second filter is killing the page's own onload event. So better try replacing "endT;" with "document.onload; endT;"

Quote:5. I have added this filter after Block: Properties II for added security. I will appreciate your advice on whether is integrates properly in your config set
[Patterns]
Name = "Block: Nosy JavaScript [??]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "($TYPE(htm)|$TYPE(js)|$TYPE(oth))(^$TST(keyword=*.(js|code).*))"
Bounds = "$NEST(<script,</script>)"
Limit = 16000
Match = "*(.(plugins|mimeTypes|buildNumber|PixelDepth|ColorDepth|AvailHeight"
"|AvailWidth|fromCharCode|javaEnabled|attachEvent|random)|history.length)\1*"
"&($TST(script=*)|$TYPE(oth))"
Replace = "<span class="Prox" id="prxScript" style;><center>"
"[Nosy JS: \1]"
"</center>"
"</span>"
"$SET(script=)"

Should be ok, but remember that this is a high risk filter.
If you just want to block some more JS properties, better open JSProperties.txt and add them there.

Quote:6. How does one print Cookies and Collected Stuff? Is there are place where they are stored for review before printing?

Oh, with "print" i mean "display at the bottom of the page", which is switched on by default [lol]

sidki
Mar. 22, 2004, 01:26 AM

It's been a long time since I have used a different config set (been using JD's); I was not saving it properly. Banging Head All's fine now, thanks. Smile!

besafe
Mar. 22, 2004, 04:20 PM

Hey sidki and gorgan,

In regards to the page load timer question, here is what I have from an old JD config... (plus gorgan's variant)
Which "part 1" would be better?

Code:
Name = "Page Load Timer - Part 1 >2.ie.se<"
Active = FALSE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 7
Match = "$STOP()$TYPE(htm)( <!DOCTYPE * >|)\0"
Replace = "<script>\r\n"
"var pxst = new Date();\r\n"
"function endT() {\r\n"
"var pxet = new Date();\r\n"
"document.title=document.title.substr(0,32)+"
"(' - Page Loaded in '+(pxet.getTime()-pxst.getTime())/1000+' seconds');\r\n"
"}\r\n"
"</script>\r\n"
"$STOP()"

Name = "<inject>: Page Load Timer I [head][hp] {gorgan}"
Active = FALSE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 11
Match = "(^(^<head>))"
Replace = "<script type="text/javascript">\n"
"<!--\n"
"var pxst=new Date();\n"
"function endT() {\n"
"var pxet=new Date();\n"
"loadT=('Load Time: '+(pxet.getTime()-pxst.getTime())/1000+' second(s)');\n"
"document.title=document.title.substr(0, 80)+'... '+loadT;\n"
"window.defaultStatus=loadT;\n"
"}//-->\n"
"</script>\n$STOP()"

Name = "Page Load Timer - Part 2 >2.ie< (modified per sidki3003)"
Active = FALSE
Limit = 12
Match = "(^(^<ProxBottom>))$STOP()"
Replace = "<script>\r\n"
"document.onload = document.onload; endT();\r\n"
"</script>\r\n"
"$STOP()"

Love the config, sidki...
Guess I'm keeping the best of both worlds...
sidki for Firefox and JD for IE...
Mar. 22, 2004, 05:12 PM

Hi ProxRocks, great you like it, first to your question.

If i had to choose, i would go for Scott's "<!doctype>" way, simply because there is hardly anything that could go wrong with this approach.
As for injecting below "<head>", there are pages where there is no head tag. And if that filter kicks in too early, my "head fix" filter didn't yet get a chance to insert the tag.
However, i would try first to use the "(^(^<ProxHdrTop>))$STOP()" match -- See "Header Top Add: Inline Script Type" as an example.

Having said that, one reason why i posted the config set here and now is that i want bug reports.
So... isn't the load timer that comes with the set working for you (no display in the status bar), or do you just prefer seeing the timer in the title?
If it's the former, doesn't it work with any of your browsers? Does it never work or only on certain pages? What pages?
I'm testing with IE (plus clones), Opera 7.23, and Firefox -- and i do want all filters to work with them (except for a few filters that need to use JS/DOM methods that one of them doesn't know).

sidki
Mar. 22, 2004, 05:48 PM

I prefer the timer displayed in the status bar as your config does...
It works perfectly for me...

I was hoping that by throwing a couple of pennies into the hopper, gorgan would find enough there to make change...

I only use IE and Firefox - sounds like gorgan is on Opera...
I haven't revisited Opera for quite some time...

Not since the Phantom scaried me away - okay, bad joke...

ps - I'm on a bug search as well, just have not found any as of yet...
Mar. 22, 2004, 06:06 PM

Thanks for your input Smile!
I sometimes forget that no bug reports can be a good sign as well Big Teeth
Mar. 22, 2004, 06:22 PM

Well, I'm a perfectionist with OCD...
If there's a bug, I'm sure I'll find it...

I am, however, focusing more on your config with Firefox...

I prefer to stick with JD's latest for IE (and I hear he is working on his next release, I anxiously await)...

Although, to be honest, ActiveX being not supported by Firefox is the only vital difference that I know of between it and IE...
Mar. 23, 2004, 09:21 AM

sidki;
Quote:
Quote:It would appear that you can now upload the file to here, if you wish to do so. Kye-U fixed/restored that capability a few days ago. Cheers
Oddysey, i think Kye-U fixed the attach function to be accessible for all members.
Now IMO attachments are well suited for lists, pics and the like, but not for medium and large size files that are supposed to be regularely updated. I think uploading files (to the archive_in dir) is restricted to root admins.

However, i will attach the config, should there be continuous problems with the D/L link.

sidki
I understand your intent, and of course I concur. The only thing is, Kye-U hasn't made a central file repository yet. I recall that Arne had such a folder/directory on his forum, so Snitz can do it, but we don't know about Invision. Plus, there is the slight matter of the server itself. Whereas Arne was paying for server space and bandwidth, Kye-U is presuming on a friend for these things. Perhaps a separate folder simply isn't in the cards at this time. Hence, the second best plan would be a sticky topic so that everybody could find the latest versions with little or no trouble.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Mar. 23, 2004, 02:51 PM

Agreed in all respects. No need to make it sticky tho IMO until that subforum starts getting crowded.
Mar. 23, 2004, 02:55 PM

ProxRocks Wrote:Although, to be honest, ActiveX being not supported by Firefox is the only vital difference that I know of between it and IE...
And even that difference is gone with the wind. Adam Lock owns the "Plug-in For Hosting ActiveX Controls" project.
I made an XPI-installer for the Mozilla 1.7b browsers (Fx included) -- Binaries ripped from MonkeeSage's Unofficial K-Meleon Build.
It's here (remove the zip extension) -- No guaranty that it doesn't format your C: partition [lol]

sidki
Mar. 25, 2004, 02:17 AM

Thanks for sharing your config, it's quite nice.
I can't figure out how to remove or hide the JS ad lines from a page. I see you can do it on a temporary basis with the tool's toggle function, but would like to kill them completely.
I have several sites I visit when testing a new config and this one will start popping after I run the mouse over it several (3-4) times. Test here!
I was surprised it didn't pass the browser test at PCflank with the filters you have enabled by default, but that's not a great concern.
I enjoy visiting some of the sites people have in their bypass files. Especially liked the Hoosier Gazette! I was born & raised in Evansville.