how do I block instructions in web pages
Dec. 03, 2004, 03:34 PM

I have just started using the Proxomitron as I was following a thread on the Opera forums about web sites disabling features like Opera's 'wand' [http://login.yahoo.com is one example] and it was suggested that Proxomitron could block the "autocomplete=off" instruction.
I am not sure if I am on the right track but I have been trying variations of the "Disabling a tag and tag elements" method and 'matching rules' described in the 'tips & tricks' section of Proxomitron help but have not found anything that seems to work and wondered if anyone had any ideas about this.
Also, should I still keep Opera's pop-up blocking etc. turned on when using Proxomitron and I have just found that I have to 'bypass filters' to view this forum !
Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 03, 2004, 04:30 PM

newuser Wrote:...and wondered if anyone had any ideas about this.
Funny, just ran accross the same problem regarding Firefox and GMail the other day.

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "<input>: Autocomplete - Remember Passwords     4.11.22 (multi) [sd] (d.1)"
Active = TRUE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Bounds = "<input*>"
Limit = 256
Match = "\1 autocomplete=$AV(off)\2"
Replace = "\1\2"

Quote:Also, should I still keep Opera's pop-up blocking etc. turned on when using Proxomitron and I have just found that I have to 'bypass filters' to view this forum !
Both depends on the filters you're using. I think most people here are doing fine without bypassing Prox for this forum. However, in case something weird happens it's good to always be aware that there is a little triangle in between. Smile!

(BTW: Consider registering - people are friendly here, and this isn't a FAQs/Guides question Wink )

sidki

<span style='color:red'>[EDIT: Moved to appropriate forum by Admin.]</span>
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply