Important: Server Change
Dec. 15, 2004, 02:16 AM

ProxRocks;

No Admins were harmed in the making of this topic! [lol] That goes for both here and any other forums, so we're cool. B)

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 15, 2004, 08:34 PM

Hey dudes.

I am sorry for not getting back to you.I was admittedly feeling very humiliated.

For your lawyers,yada yada..THIS IS A GIFT TO THE PROXO COMMUNITY.

KmrDrow:You got me all wrong.I am terribly upset that you seemed to believe I was trying to steal your project.
Ah well.

What I have HAD to do is appoint Odd as your loyal Custodian.This is only because you don't know me and seemed to be determined to throw the offer back in my face..

But,hey..I'm over it now.

Odd:Tim will make contact/I will give you his e-mail.CHK yer inbox.

Boys:Come and let me know how things are going in about thirty years time.Til then,I wish you the best of luck with all that you do.

Bye-bye,

J_G

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?
Dec. 17, 2004, 05:16 PM

Jaded_Goth Wrote:KmrDrow:You got me all wrong.I am terribly upset that you seemed to believe I was trying to steal your project.
Ah well.
I didn't believe that, I just didn't know what you where saying lol

I couldn't understand you.

Sorry if I came across like that.

KmrDrow
Visit this user's website
Dec. 17, 2004, 05:40 PM

KmrDrow Wrote:I couldn't understand you.
Well, you're not the only one who could not understand the coded cryptic interchange of those massages -- so quite frankly I have no idea why you're apologizing. [beatdown]
In fact I think that Jaded_Goth is a little wacky -- oops sorry I did not mean a little I mean a lot. Big Teeth
Dec. 25, 2004, 01:32 AM

The change has been completed!

Sadly, I only had a 6 day old backup from when the server closed (On December 23rd)

But it's better than nothing Big Teeth
Dec. 25, 2004, 01:33 AM

The server is up?!?!?!?!?
You LIE!

LIES I TELL YOU ALL LIES!!!
Dec. 25, 2004, 03:13 AM

Kye-U and KmrDrow;

Welcome back to the land of the living!

Kye-U, it looks to me like your backup was current up to the 17th, so I suspect that you really lost only 2 or 3 days worth of postings, at the very most.

Good job, guys! Cheers Hail

Oddysey

Dec. 25, 2004, 03:53 AM

Thanks Oddysey Big Teeth

The forums feel much faster...Eyes Closed Smile
Dec. 25, 2004, 07:10 AM

Kye-U;
Quote:The forums feel much faster...  Eyes Closed Smile

That they do. Can you give us any details, like where they're located, etc.? Or would that be giving the bozo another shot at fouling the waters again? Sad

Oddysey

Dec. 25, 2004, 07:19 AM

Oddysey Wrote:That they do. Can you give us any details, like where they're located, etc.? Or would that be giving the bozo another shot at fouling the waters again? Sad
It is located in California.

This service has 24/7 monitoring, and it should prove a challenge to the bozo. (BTW, he/she/it/they were never DIRECTLY targetting us B) )
Dec. 25, 2004, 02:03 PM

What bozo??? err... I don't get it....

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.
Dec. 25, 2004, 07:14 PM

no13;
Quote:What bozo? I don't get it.
For a long time, Kye-U has been using the services of a good friend of his, KmrDrow. That worthy had been using a hosting service that "claimed" to be secure, but indeed, it wasn't. Witness the innumerable times that kye-u.com was unavailable. Either it was down, or the DNS was pointed to a null address, or the SQL database was hosed, or lordy knows what all else - you name it, and it was a problem for us.

That said, Kye-U has said, and I tend to agree with him, that these actions were being caused by one or more individuals who were not targeting Kye-U directly, nor the Proxo site. Indeed, KmrDrow was also suffering this fate amongst other clients, as well as his own websites (dumb-geek.com for one). That necessitated a change of hosting providers, and doubtless there are some who feel that it was long overdue. <_<

Hence, we referred to the troublemaker as "that bozo". If this new hosting provider is all they are cracked up to be, then we should be holding a wake for said bozo. Big Teeth

And yes, for me the service is much faster - I'm in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Wahoooooo! Cheers

Oddysey

Dec. 26, 2004, 05:24 AM

If this was yahoo msgr... =)) ^ 10^10^10 (that's ROTFL to the power of a myriad myriads....)
Lord Almighty... what trouble
and poor "bozo" (do we mortals get to call him "bozo" too?).

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.
Dec. 26, 2004, 04:46 PM

no13;
Quote:and poor "bozo" (do we mortals get to call him "bozo" too?).

No. You get to call him "the clown formerly known as bozo"! [lol] ^10 (just for you)

Oddysey

Dec. 29, 2004, 08:39 PM

Glad you got it all sorted!

Odd'-just use the other thing for you and your mates to do your "musician stuff".No bother-all turned out for the best.

Drow:That's all a-O.K. I was relying on argot,simply because I did not want "The bozo" a.k.a "monkey spanker" to catch on.

Mozerd:very uncalled for comments,since you do not have the faintest clue who I am.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?