Top 10 Websites
Jul. 08, 2004, 05:29 AM

Hey,Jak!

I've run that test LOADS of times in the past.My I.P. address was always correctly retrieved.

I ran it again..you're correct!...That's amazing!

I didn't think that was possible when a static I.P. was being hosted by the router.You guys are geniuses..what am I doing here??!!

????,??,????`????,? _J_G_ ????,??,????`????,?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 11, 2004, 01:37 PM

Hi "Jaded_Goth",
We are so Glad to Have You here! We are just all one big "Proxo-Family", friends helping friends & sharing Ideas. I know that sometimes one can be overwhelmed with all the info on how to work Proxo, I'm still learning. But that's the beautiful thing about PRoxo, one can take control and set Proxo up according to Your Personal Preference and how You want to veiw the Net, and not be at the mercy of some web-server. [smoke]

Take Care My Good Friend,
Safe-surfin',
"Jak" Cheers
Jul. 12, 2004, 02:29 AM

Thanks for the kind word,Jak-they are appreciated.

grc.com "Shields Up" manages to obtain the router addy,though.

I suppose,that ought to enlighten me somewhat as to the differing protocols being used.
The test page must rely wholly upon http,(or,perhaps it is gzip..reading the browser cache or obtaining a cookie with the bogus I.P. at any rate)
Whereas,grc is a full on port scan and there's no way of spoofing that.It's scanning the router..not the I.P allocated by DHCP.That static I.P'll be my demise,I'm certain...

Jul. 12, 2004, 02:48 AM

Jaded_Goth Wrote:grc.com "Shields Up" manages to obtain the router addy,though.
I think that's because it's a HTTPS protocol.

You can set Proxomitron to filter Secure pages too, through the Configure --> HTTP setting.

You'll need the OpenSSL DLLs, found here: http://prxbx.com/downloads.php?id=addon

Extract them to the directory where "Proxomitron.exe" is located Smile!
Visit this user's website
Jul. 12, 2004, 11:30 AM

Oh,my word,young man.It gets more like being in the FBI everyday.

Jul. 28, 2004, 10:56 AM

Here's an eleventh.I just found this whilst looking for animated stellar/lunar gifs.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/scri8e/STARS/

It's pretty fabulous.

Jul. 28, 2004, 12:10 PM

Come to think of it, other than 1-900-BABE.com, there aren't many sites I frequent.

Oh, wait. I do download a lot of stuff from Kazza.

And I'd be totally lost without Google.

Maybe pamelaandersonandjennymccarthydoit.com. (Oh, wait, that was a dream I had, not a site.)
Jul. 30, 2004, 02:21 AM

Guess who just discovered wincustomize.com?

http://www.wincustomize.com/index.asp?c=1&u=0

*sigh*...Ended up downloading the whole enchelada-Windowblinds,icon packager..

Unfortunately,I have the very computer that will not permit changing the bootscreen.Which is a damn shame,because some of those bootskins are waaayyy kewl.

Since the trial versions have limited functionality,I didn't do anything too radical.Just added to the theme I had going already.

EDIT:Warning for those not on Broadband.The image is over-large and thus will take forever to load.Apologies.That was remiss of me.

I downloaded the Gnome desktop background from here:

http://ftp.linux.org.uk/mirrors/ftp.gnome....rg/backgrounds/

Jul. 30, 2004, 06:03 AM

Jaded_Goth;

<span style='color:#CC9966'>Thanks for the edit. I'm sure others are now more curious than ever!</span>

(Rest of this message deleted, as it has accomplished it's mission.)

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jul. 30, 2004, 06:01 PM

Jaded_Goth;

Just for giggles, I used PSP to snag your PNG file, and turn it into a smaller JPG file. PSP compressed it about 90%!

Lessee if I can attach it successfully.....

Oddysey

Jul. 30, 2004, 06:33 PM

Very impressive compression there...

I'm ON broadband - and the initial .png still took forever...
The .jpg was much quicker...
Jul. 30, 2004, 07:41 PM

Quote:I'm ON broadband - and the initial .png still took forever...
The .jpg was much quicker...
"Thank you, thank you, you're too kind. Thank you. I'll be here all weekend. Be sure to tip the bartenders, they're wonnerful folks. Thank you."

Actually, I chose that number carefully, but I misstated it. [hangs head in shame and embarrassment] What I should have said was "The <span style='color:#0088AA'>file size</span> has been compressed 90%". The actual compression ratio applied in PSP was only 23%. That's part of why the detail is still so clear. The other thing I did was to re-sample the image from 72 pixels per inch up to 150 per inch. The overall resolution remained at 1024 x 768. After the re-sampling, I felt it was ready for saving, and used File/Export/JPEG. I chose the compression ratio based on the anticipated file size, and the rest is history.

Interestingly enough, in many cases you can shrink a file even smaller by reducing the number of colors used. However, sometimes that just doesn't give any better a result, so it's best to leave the color depth at whatever it was. Such was the situation here.

Enjoy!

Oddysey

Aug. 01, 2004, 01:53 PM

My,my.What a clever boy you are.

Thanks for going to all that trouble,Oddysey.Now I'm embarrassed,because the pic was hardly likely to set the world on fire.

I'll do better,next time.I installed Cygwin last night...haven't got a clue what to do with it,obviously.At least I'm having fun with my computer.

Talking of best sites-thanks for shell extension city.Downloaded loads of gear yesterday-can't wait to see what it all does.