Question About Something
Dec. 30, 2004, 08:56 AM

Hello, I was recently given a tour of the site by "Tad" aka JakBeNymble, and decided to check it out and see if there was a possiblity if you guys could help me out, i have a game that i have played since 96 called Diablo II created by Blizzard North software and it has an expansion pack called DIablo II: Lord of Destruction. upon installing the program it asks you for a CD key labelled on the case sumwhere, well obviously u have to have the cd in order to get the keycode, well i was wondering if any of you guuys could work around this if at all possible, it would be vvery appreciative, ive tried cd key generators, which were unsuccessful, if u can help please let me know....heres some contact information if u know anything....thnx for ur time

Msn Screenname: [email protected]
Yahoo IM Screenname: Pcc_soccer_guru
Email:: [email protected]
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 30, 2004, 10:20 AM

<span style='color:blue'>[moved from Other/Tweaks to General Discussion by Oddysey, on Thursday, 30 Dec 2004]</span>

SoccerGuru;

[cue the theme music for Dragnet....]

You're in the wrong place, my friend. We deal only with proxy servers, and The Proxomitron in particular. (Although the new Proximodo is close enough to also fall under our auspices.) Related issues revolve around this theme, except for those found in this General discussion forum.

We've no quarrel with whatever it is that you want to do, but please don't ask us to participate in ventures of this sort. Its hard enough keeping our collective nose clean without this kind of thing being added to "the list".

Other than that, Welcome to the forums!

Oddysey

p.s. Have you looked at astalavista.box.sk?

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Dec. 30, 2004, 06:40 PM

..::Oddysey::..

It's actually astalavista.box.sk, but I wouldn't know that Wink.

..::SoccerGuru::..

If you use a generated key, you won't be able to play online. If someone else has the same key as you, Battle.Net will ban both of you.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Dec. 30, 2004, 06:53 PM

Ok, well thanx alot guys. i was told i could talk about basically anything but didnt know it was a certain field anything, but thats ok thanx for info Shea.
Dec. 30, 2004, 08:03 PM

SoccerGuru;

Jak was right, we can speak of almost anything. However, there do have to be some limits. First, this is a family-friendly board, so there's very little outright profanity. Innuendo and double-entendres are OK, but vulgarity is not. Twisted humor is OK, but outright poor taste is not. Blonde jokes are OK, but explicitly sexual jokes are not. I'm sure you get the idea here.

Second, Kye-U (all Hail to the SysGod) is actually operating under the auspices of his good friend KmrDrow. Both of them stand to lose a good deal if this forum becomes known as a website that, shall we say.... "engages or encourages outlaw behavior".

Now neither of those two worthies has elected me, or any other Admin, to be the Topic Gestapo for this Board. But I, along with Shea and other old-timers here, have watched their actions often enough to be able to predict what will happen next, and I feel entirely comfortable in asking you to 'veer off'. We occasionally do speak of topics like this, but usually it's no more than what I've done, and that is to make a quick reference to another, more appropriate, website.

No matter what country you're in, as far as we're concerned, you may speak freely and engage in whatever activities you wish, none of us will give a hoot. But some folks (think "big money & government" here) are not very open minded when it comes to 'leaving the little guy alone', so we need to be circumspect, I'm sure you'll understand, and hopefully agree.

As Jak would say, "Have a Great and Wonderful day, my friend!"

Oddysey

Dec. 31, 2004, 03:48 AM

Quote:First, this is a family-friendly board, so there's very little outright profanity. Innuendo and double-entendres are OK, but vulgarity is not. Twisted humor is OK, but outright poor taste is not. Blonde jokes are OK, but explicitly sexual jokes are not. I'm sure you get the idea her
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote: "engages or encourages outlaw behavior".
Isn't modifying "proprietary web page code" using Proxo kinda illegal
Audience [and lurkers]: *gasp* Blasphemy !!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.
Dec. 31, 2004, 04:53 AM

Quote:Isn't modifying "proprietary web page code" using Proxo kinda illegal
Audience [and lurkers]: *gasp* Blasphemy !!!

Not if you're doing it on your side. It's only illegal if you hacked the site and changed it on the server. It's like saying taking a picture of something and editing it in Photoshop is illegal.

Dec. 31, 2004, 09:36 AM

hmm...
Isn't editing a picture, of say, eiffel tower, even if you took it, w/o prior permissions illegal?

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><i><span style='color:#0000FF'>Projekt</span> </span><span style='color:#FF0000'>D</span><span style='color:#008200'>F</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>S</span></i> : <b><span style='color:#0000FF'>projekt</span><span style='color:#FF0000'>d</span><span style='color:#008200'>f</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>s</span></b>[at]<span style='color:BLUE'>g</span><span style='color:RED'>m</span><span style='color:#ce9a31'>a</span><span style='color:BLUE'>i</span><span style='color:#008200'>l</span><span style='color:BLACK'>.</span><span style='color:#8449a5'>com </span><span style='color:BLACK'>: <u>What</u> is it?</span><br>It&#39;s ONLINE <span style='color:#FF0000'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>NOW</span></span>&#33;&#33;&#33;pm me for url. max 250 users. by invite only please.
Dec. 31, 2004, 05:21 PM

Why would that be illegal? You took a picture of a public place, which makes the picture yours and you edit it. After you take the picture, the picture is your property. It's not like vandalism, unless they've started prosecuting for virtual vandalism [blink] .

Dec. 31, 2004, 07:16 PM

no13;
various Forum members Wrote:.... a lot of conjecture about the legality of what Proxo does.....
What Shea is saying is correct, as far as it goes.

(BTW, this is a rehash, last seen over at Arne's forums about a year and a half ago, IIRC.)

Without going into all the law involved, the net result is this: you, as an end user, may modify whatever you posess for your own needs, so long as you make no attempt to profit thereby as if it were your own creation. Easy enough to understand on the face of it, I think you'll agree. There are a fistful of "gotcha's" in there, but that's for the courts to deal with, not us.

It boils down to the fact that what you receive in your home, particularly from a publicly published source, is yours to do with as you please. The only thing you can't do is turn around and re-publish it as if it were your own. (Technically, meaning legally, you can't even re-publish it with your modifications, even where you credit the original author..... not even for free. The fine details are in the copyright laws, but we don't need to go that far for this discussion.)

If you view a web page, and don't like its appearance, you have every right to modify it so that the end product is more to your liking. Since you are only viewing it, and are not re-publishing it back out to the web, then no one can accuse you of any wrongdoing. Even if you store that modified page to your hard drive, you are still on the 'right' side of the law - you haven't made it public for others to view.

Page authors may cry, scream, throw a temper tantrum, and hold their collective breath until they turn blue in the face, but they simply do not have any legal right to force you to view their works as they wish them to be viewed. Ultimately, they can't control what you see on your monitor, not legally, and thanks to Prox(o|i), not technically.

Filter on, dude! [lol] Cheers

Oddysey

Dec. 31, 2004, 08:05 PM

Oddysey Wrote:Page authors may cry, scream, throw a temper tantrum, and hold their collective breath until they turn blue in the face
Cry

Microphone

I think no13 was just joking :P

*Holds breath*
Visit this user's website