Dell Outlet Filter and Auto-Submit
May. 07, 2005, 04:01 AM

..::obvious::..

I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on a script for you that will fix your problem.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 07, 2005, 04:22 PM

Shea Wrote:..::obvious::..

I just wanted to let you know that I'm working on a script for you that will fix your problem.
You're a gentleman and a scholar - many thanks Cheers
May. 08, 2005, 04:19 AM

Just to let you know what progress I've made....

- I have an HTML file (Dell.html) that you will put in C:\Proxo\Install\Directory\html\Dell.html
- Whenever you want to start running the script, you will open the browser and type "http://local.ptron/Dell.html" to get to the script.
- It has a Start and Stop button to start and stop refreshing the page.
- It has a counter that will countdown the five seconds so you know how long until it refreshes
- It has a counter to let you know how many times it has refreshed
- It refreshes the page 5 seconds after the page is fully loaded

The counter is kind of working, but after a couple times through it just goes spastic and starts refreshing like every half of a second and keeps getting faster Banging Head!

I have a box right now where you enter the URL into it and then it starts refreshing when you click start, but I'm not sure if you need it. Is there one URL that I could set the frame to to refresh?

May. 08, 2005, 05:30 AM

OK, I've been playing around with it some more and this what I've got.

I have a button to change between UK Outlet and US Outlet (US default, I can switch it to UK if you want). The counter is still going crazy Sad. I have decided to remove it for the time being. If you really want it, I will try to add it back in. JS does not have a good sleep function. the one I'm using sucks. It never keeps it time and always starts jumping around. I'm trying to think of an easier way to do this....

May. 08, 2005, 06:40 AM

OK, I made a working script. It refreshes the page every 5 seconds. No counters or anything fancy, just the basics. Test it and tell me if it works.

Put this file in C:\WhereYouInstalledProxomitron\html\Dell.html
To run it, in your browser type "http://local.ptron/Dell.html"
You must use this filter instead with the meta stuff removed.

Right click the file and save as.

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Dell Outlet [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?(country=GBR\&|)target=InventoryPage)*"
Limit = 256
Match = "<font * </s></font>"
        "|<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"\1\" name=\"selectedSystems\"></td>\s<td class=\"(discounted|)pricebox\">(<font color=\'*\'>|) (($|?)(((((?|)?|)?,|)((?|)?|)?).(??)))\2 (</font>|\ |)</td>($TST(\2=*($|?)([#0-1],|)[#0-999].??*))$SET(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=<input type="checkbox" CHECKED value="\1" name="selectedSystems" > </td> <td class="pricebox"> <font color='DarkRed'><b> \2 </b></font> </td>)"
        "|<!--/ADD SYSTEMS TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON-->$TST(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=\n<script type="text/javascript"><!--\r\ndocument.forms[1].target='newwindow';\r\ndocument.forms[1].submit();\r\n//--></script>)"
Replace = "\9"

May. 08, 2005, 01:46 PM

Impressive. It's definately retrying after a DNS/Server error or indeed when I disable/enable my LAN connection.

I haven't tried the US site but on the UK site it loses the cart contents after a failure which is the only major flaw I can find at the moment.

Suggestions:-

1. Make the default page height fit the screen if possible. Currently have to scroll down - not a big problem.

2. Could it have a stop button or something so that the drop down box selections can be changed. At the moment I think you have to catch it at the right moment by hitting the firefox/IE stop button which is hit and miss.

I wonder how far you're planning on developing this. It could be something you could charge for if it gets a few more bells and whistles eg improved filtering ability based on "system identifiers" or even better by the information contained when you click on the system identifier. For example :-

Clicking on the system identifier brings up something like
http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatch...iceTag=09B644EZ
(you might have to select UK if not already on the site)

and looking further into this url you see that the system has a "NoteBook Screen: i9X00 17.0" which is an WUXGA 1920*1200 display.

Imagine being able to filter what goes into the basket by multiple criteria like the above. I'm sure it would be a paying proposition.
May. 08, 2005, 07:58 PM

1. Do you mean the height of the page or the frame?
2. I'm adding a stop button right now Smile!. it sounds like you don't need a start button, right?

You'll have to ask Kye-U about adding stuff to the filters. He's much much better at proxo than I am.

May. 08, 2005, 09:12 PM

Ah I mean the frame only taking up the top half of the page.

It doesn't need a start button as long as using "submit search" or a simple refresh will kick it back into life.

Did you see what I meant about it losing the shopping cart contents if there's a temporary problem with the web page? I test this by disabling and enabling the internet connection.

EDIT (12 Downloads of the html file already - I guess there are a few lurkers Wink)
May. 08, 2005, 09:40 PM

Could you send me a screen shot of what you see when you run it? For me the frame takes up almost the whole screen. As for the start button, if you refresh, it will start it right back up again so I guess I don't need to add one. I did see what you mean about the shopping cart, but that's not something I could control. I don't know how dell stores things in the shopping cart. Since it disappears when it disconnects, I'm guessing it uses sessions that expire when you leave the webpage. The only way you MIGHT be able to keep it in the cart would be to have it save the information to cookies and then read it back, but that would take a lot of coding.

May. 08, 2005, 11:15 PM

Here you go...
May. 09, 2005, 10:09 PM

Oh you must have avery big screen. I'll have to have JS find the window height and then have the iframe a certain percent of it. right now it's just like 500 px high.

May. 10, 2005, 12:58 PM

Shea Wrote:Oh you must have avery big screen. I'll have to have JS find the window height and then have the iframe a certain percent of it. right now it's just like 500 px high.
Cheers - I picked up a Dell 2405FPW when they were accidentally doing 'buy one get one free' a few weeks ago. Being the bargain hunter I am I sold one to make mine even cheaper.
May. 11, 2005, 09:52 PM

BTW, if ([#0-1],|)[#0-999] is $0 - $1999 then how do you represent $800 - $1200 ?

Guessing that | is an OR operator in this case?

I'm having trouble thinking how to allow $800 but not $1800

(([#1],|)[#0-200]|([#0],|)[#0-999])

?
May. 13, 2005, 12:52 AM

OK, here's version 1.2...I added the stop button and now the frame height is the height of the computer screen minus 275 pixels.

Attached File(s)
.zip  Dell.zip (Size: 991 bytes / Downloads: 866)

May. 13, 2005, 11:31 AM

That's just the job. Cheers

Thanks !