Dell Outlet Filter and Auto-Submit
May. 13, 2005, 05:04 PM

Hey, any idea why while I am testing the KYE-U script, it highlights and checks the items in the specific range but it does add it into the cart? Anyone know? TIA
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 21, 2005, 05:08 PM

I have the same problem as lazy bum... It searches refreshes, but will never add anything to the cart! I'm sure I'm doing something wrong! Can someone help???
May. 26, 2005, 01:10 PM

All I can say is that it's been working for me on the UK site although I haven't tried it in a few days due to hardware problems.

Have you :-

1. Installed proxomitron
2. Changed the default proxy in your browser to 127.0.0.1 on port 8080
3. Enabled web filters in proxomitron
Jul. 26, 2005, 04:28 PM

Modified to work with the UK Outlet. (Was missing a " " in the possible ending string in the match portion) I've also updated my first post so that Shea's Dell Deal Snatcher v1.2 is attached Smile!

I've also tidied it up, so now it should be easier to follow Big Teeth

Shea, perhaps you can make it so that your Dell Deal Snatcher page has a list of the Stockrooms so that the user can select something other than the Dimension Desktops stockroom Smile!
Visit this user's website
Jul. 26, 2005, 05:56 PM
One step forward two back
Okay, let me tell you what I'm doing to be sure everything is configured correctly..

I have proxo configured on IE with the proxys, etc all at 8080, localhost, etc.

To load I simply click on an existing filter and import, then I go to:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatcher?tar...t&sortColu
mn=price&lob=INSP&sessionID=CmQPLhtf!-1808753810!453184251!1122390031599&tgtSeg=I

Which is dell outlet - inspiron page, and I click the up arrow/launch program on proxo and now when I click that it doesn't seem to depress on the program, as if it's not pressing, but anyway, I get it to work by hitting reload. Once it reloads, everything is selected, not just the desired price range. My script is

[Patterns]
Name = "Dell Outlet [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?(country=GBR\&|)target=InventoryPage)*"
Limit = 256
Match = "<font * </s></font>"
"|<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"\1\" name=\"selectedSystems\"></td>\s<td class=\"(discounted|)pricebox\">(<font color=\'*\'>|) (($|?)(((((?|)?|)?,|)((?|)?|)?).(??)))\2 (</font>|\ |\&nbspWink</td>($TST(\2=*($|?)[#000-730].??*))$SET(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=<input type="checkbox" CHECKED value="\1" name="selectedSystems" > </td> <td class="pricebox"> <font color='DarkRed'><b> \2 </b></font> </td>)"
"|<!--/ADD SYSTEMS TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON-->$TST(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=\n<script type="text/javascript"><!--\r\ndocument.forms[1].target='newwindow';\r\ndocument.forms[1].submit();\r\n//--></script>)"
Replace = "\9"

Where the price is $ 0-730, just to test the settings. Additionally, the filter is not reloading every 2-5 seconds, and I don't know if when the items are added a new window is opened as nothing gets added at all.

Thanks for all your help!!
Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 26, 2005, 06:27 PM

Try this filter:

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Dell Outlet [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?(country=GBR\&|)target=InventoryPage)*"
Limit = 256
Match = "<font * </s></font>"
        "|<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"\1\" name=\"selectedSystems\"></td>\s<td class=\"(discounted|)pricebox\">(<font color=\'*\'>|) (($|?)(((((?|)?|)?,|)((?|)?|)?).(??)))\2 (</font>|\ |\ )</td>($TST(\2=*($|?)[#000-730].??*))$SET(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=<input type="checkbox" CHECKED value="\1" name="selectedSystems" > </td> <td class="pricebox"> <font color='DarkRed'><b> \2 </b></font> </td>)"
        "|<!--/ADD SYSTEMS TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON-->$TST(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=\n<script type="text/javascript"><!--\r\ndocument.forms[1].target='newwindow';\r\ndocument.forms[1].submit();\r\n//--></script>)"
Replace = "\9"

The problem was the "?". I changed it to a "?". Smile!

To make it reload every 2-5 seconds, you need Shea's Dell Deal Snatcher.

Just download the attached file in the first post and extract the Dell.html file to "C:\WhereYouInstalledProxomitron\html\Dell.html" and then open this URL in your browser:

http://local.ptron/Dell.html
Jul. 26, 2005, 06:43 PM

Has Shea's Deal Snatcher been updated so it can be used on Inspirons or other types of systems?
Jul. 26, 2005, 06:47 PM

I think I've got it almost working, when I refresh it selects only in my specified range but I can't get it added to cart. I am using IE, and I'm think it could be a popup blocker causing the problem..? But to my knowledge IE has no built-in popup blocker like firefox has.

I believe I saw the script for a automatic refresher on another website where you moderate, Kye, so that I could refresh on whatever system type I wanted ie Inspiron, Handhelds, etc.
Jul. 27, 2005, 03:31 AM

Everything but the "add to cart is working". Anyone know why? I've removed all pop-up blockers and I've reduced Proxomitron to just a single filter. I've even tried changing the javascript to "document.cartForm.submit()" since that's what the HTML on the dell site does.
I'd appreciate any help

I've got an updated HTML file to see the Dell laptop section.
Get the existing dell.html file and replace the three places that the outlet URL appears with this:

http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatcher?tar...e&lob=INSP
&model_search_and_display=ALL&tgtSeg=I&srcType=xml&srcDetail=offer

This will load the Inspiron notebooks and put them in price order. Sometimes after I load this file, I have to do a refresh once for it to take with prices in the correct order.

EDIT - OK, got the "add to cart" working, but it does it in the same window. I can't get it to open a new window. Any help?
Jul. 28, 2005, 12:31 AM

http://prxbx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4419#4419

I've added an image tutorial on how to allow the dell.com popup in both Internet Explorer 6 and Firefox.

Seeing how much demand there is for this solution, I will try to spend a bit more time on the filter and Shea's coding, and of course to answer any questions you guys have Smile!
Jul. 28, 2005, 05:12 AM

EE2000 Wrote:EDIT - OK, got the "add to cart" working, but it does it in the same window. I can't get it to open a new window. Any help?

What did you have to do to get the "Add to cart" working? Everything seems to work for me, even using segment=b for the Business Outlet, but it won't add to cart and I get an error:
error Wrote:Line: 1051
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL:http://outlet.us.dell.com/Dispatcher?target=InventoryPage&action=sort&sortColumn=price&
lob=DIM&model_search_and_display=ALL&tgtSeg=I&srcType=xml&srcDetail=offer

Any ideas?
Jul. 28, 2005, 05:21 AM

Can you view the source and post line 1051 here?
Jul. 28, 2005, 06:35 AM

Looks like an IE error message. For some odd reason you have to substract 1 when looking at the code with an editor that starts counting with "1", so the error would be on line 1050.

It may even be that line number in an external script, IE doesn't distinguish between main doc and injections.

sidki
Jul. 28, 2005, 06:54 AM

*sigh*

Working with IE is like working with a retarded baby.

It doesn't even understand "overflow: auto" Shock

(Sorry, after spending an hour trying to get it to UNDERSTAND to wrap long messages on the forums using the ONi theme and not getting it to work, I'm a bit cranky.)
Jul. 30, 2005, 02:21 AM

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delay, it was a crazy week at work, but I'm determined to get this thing to work. Thanks in advance!

Error from above states line 1050, here's lines 1045 through 1055

FYI, I'm trying to run this on the Business Outlet, and pretty sure I made the appropriate 3 changes in Shea's code to do it.

<a href="Dispatcher?target=InventoryPage&action=page&pageNo=2&lob=DIM&sessionID=CqvBFHdQ!453184251!2123079730!1122692929850&tgtSeg=B"><b><!--Next--></b>&nbsp;|&nbsp;Next 10[/url] </td>

</tr>

Line 1050 <tr><!--ADD SYSTEMS TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON-->
<td width=260 colspan="3">
<table border="0" width="100%">
<tr>

<td width="97" height="31">
<!-- CS0427 -->
<INPUT TYPE=image align="left" width="97" height="31" border="0" cache name="addToCart" src="/images/update_cart_new.gif" onClick="document.cartForm.submit(); return false;">