Corrupted default.cfg
Jul. 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
Corrupted default.cfg
Congratulations with the new forum!

It's been a long time since I have been on proxo-forums, and just wanted to see how things are going.

An issue I have not written about earlier, and I have not seen anyone else mention it, is Proxo corrupting the default file. It has been like this for a long time, but I write just to warn you folks to have backup of your default.cfg

The error happens if you for a period of time, extensive, add, remove, edit proxies through the Proxo interface. At one point it will either crash by giving multiple error messages or delete most of the configuration file. And that can be sad if you don't have a backup. This has happened to me about 4-6 times during the last couple of years.

So just an advice to keep a backup if you fiddle around with adding, removing and editing proxies.
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 23, 2005, 02:17 AM

I had this happe to me, where it deleted the majority of the config file. I didn't notice it until i had formatted my hard drive and went to reinstall. Luckily, it deleted mostly the default filters that come with it, so I didn't lose much.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply