"Retro" UOPF stylesheet
Jul. 26, 2005, 09:24 PM
"Retro" UOPF stylesheet
Kye-U: Here's the stylesheet, quickly cleaned of (most) extraneous and test items.

It'll probably look odd by itself, since I use a replacement filter to call all images from the themes folder here, from a folder in local.ptron instead. I use some transparent images for the background & border of the poster details, as well as the logo_phpBB.gif, to keep down the display: none code.

Here's the header.png, based on the old one. Probably would need to be a gif since some browsers don't handle png transparency ... some things probably won't work in ie & some other browsers, since I only use SeaMonkey ...

These are links to the tile_back.gif and the tile_sub.gif, which I think are just the ones from the old forum.

For the main menu, I'm using the new buttons, but with transparency for regular ones:
for example, [Image: 9h73ah.gif] (bit fuzzy ...), and with the colour gimped a bit for the on state: [Image: 9h73mx.gif]

If you want to use the fancy stuff, here's the code background image and the quote background image. Um, they're semi-transparent png images again ... D'oh! ... guess it would be simpler to use solid, with the colour I want, but using a transparent background image lets me tweak the bg colour ... (If you want, I'll zip up all the images and attach them ... I'm cleaning out all the duplicate/test/working images from the folder now. No wonder my Proxo folder is about 20mb! Banging Head )

The stylesheet's pretty long, about 10kb, so I'll attach it as a zip.

Cool

Attached File(s)
.zip  kye-u_style2.zip (Size: 3.15 KB / Downloads: 733)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 26, 2005, 10:32 PM

Please attach the images Eyes Closed Smile

Thanks!
Visit this user's website
Jul. 26, 2005, 10:56 PM

Will do, Kye-U. Wink

Here's a quick bugfix:
Code:
/* CHANGED ALL #5bc1ff TO CORRECT BLUE - replace this section with this new code */
td.cat,td.catHead,td.catSides,td.catLeft,td.catRight,td.catBottom {    background-color:#92adc0; height: 28px; color: #FFFFFF; }
td.th2 {background-color: #92adc0; height: 20px; color: #FFFFFF; }
td.spacerow { background-color: #92adc0; }
td.cat2 { background-color: #D1DCEB; color:#3A4F6C; !important;}

/* for attachments td.attachheader colour - add this to stylesheet */
td.attachrow        { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }
td.attachheader     { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #92adc0 !important; }
table.attachtable    { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000;    border-collapse : collapse; }
The first part, I'd just neglected to change colour on one or two lines Confused ... the second I noticed when posting.
Jul. 26, 2005, 11:58 PM

Here they are mostly cleaned out Wink ... I've tried to make filenotes on the ones that are, er, oddballs (which is to say, png images that are named gifs, since the gifs were too rough looking ... they'll have to be converted if you use them, but I thought you might do a better job than I at that, so I'm sending the png versions. (May have missed one or two ... only made notes for myself on them earlier.)

I've been thinking about redoing the main menu images, since they're fuzzy from making them transparent. Maybe using Arial bold on them ... did some tests that looked okay, but haven't gotten around to making them all.

And some of the others are pretty crude. I've been meaning to get around to fixing the folder_new_hot.gif (wrong bg style) and the folder_sticky_new.gif, among others. I'm still using a few of the new style images, and can't decide whether I like them or the old better for the icon_minipost type images ... Confused

Another thing I thought of ... I recall changing a few things involving the margin and vertical placement of the main menu images when I started using sidki's alternate display. I checked and I was using
Code:
     margin-top: 10px !important;
     margin-bottom: -10px !important;
to line up those buttons. Not needed with his filter.

I had to alter Sidki's filter a little to show all the banner; I've tossed it in with the images as sidki-UOPF-alt.cfg. Wink

Another little hack ... for the index and viewforums pages, I use a stylesheet with just
Quote:@import url("http://local.ptron/kye-u_style2.css");
table.forumline > tbody > tr > td.row1:hover {
background-color: #fafcfe !important;
}
The @import url is to the main stylesheet, which is called directly for viewtopic pages. It's sort of a Rube Goldberg arrangement (like the rest of it Shock ), but it works (otherwise posts were lighting up ... which is okay, but not what I wanted).

Attached File(s)
.zip  kye-u-prox.zip (Size: 149.5 KB / Downloads: 613)
Jul. 27, 2005, 12:27 AM

Thanks! I'm working on it right now. You've done a lot Eyes Closed Smile
Jul. 27, 2005, 05:25 AM

Very welcome, Kye-U! Rocker

I've made up some new main menu buttons with Lucida Sans Demibold. The normal state isn't as fuzzy ... actually, they'd be cleaner without doing transparency, as the only way I can get a decent looking indexed is to do them on a background instead of transparency, and then set transparency after indexing.Banging Head Can IE, Sleipnir, Avant, etc do hover background-colours from css? I never use 'em, but testing, seems they don't, though Opera and Moz do. I guess if you wanted to keep the hover-colour on the main menu, you could use js, else use buttons in normal state that match the bg colour. Think If you like this font, I can make some normal-state buttons with it in white on a bg of #9ABAD0 (or whatever).

Attached File(s)
.zip  btns-MainMenu-a.zip (Size: 8.5 KB / Downloads: 604)
Jul. 27, 2005, 06:09 AM

The ONi style is now available in the style drop-down menu! Eyes Closed Smile

I'll still have to work out a few things (images, some CSS stuff and polish it up), but I've finished most of it!
Jul. 27, 2005, 06:26 AM

Cool! That really looks nice, Kye-U. Fast work! Cheers Cool Rocker