Setting up Tor with Privoxy and Proxomitron
Oct. 28, 2008, 03:33 AM
RE: Setting up Tor with Privoxy and Proxomitron
The only need to use Privoxy is it supports socks proxy.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 03, 2008, 04:21 AM
On page 1 of: Setting up Tor with Privoxy and Proxomitron there is a section: 'Torifying' Select Sites that talks about a filter ( I think) called Torify.mergeme which it appears to say can be downloaded from:
Download it here (64 kB): http://prxbx.com/forums/download.php?id=2 but which leads to: Sorry, no posts matched your criteria. Would anyone have that filter? It's probably somewhere but I was unable to find it by searching. Thanks. kew6000
Dec. 03, 2008, 05:53 AM
(Dec. 03, 2008 04:21 AM)kew6000 Wrote:  ... http://prxbx.com/forums/download.php?id=2 but which leads to: Sorry, no posts matched your criteria. Would anyone have that filter?

That's mentioned on the bottom of Page 4 of this thread, and the top of Page 5 seens to contain the steps required.

Good luck with Tor, using it may require some patience waiting for pages to load.
Dec. 06, 2008, 06:26 AM
Thanks.
It seems to be working with Promoxitron showing traffic in the log window and Provxy claiming to work when I go to the webpage and the checkTor sites validating that Tor is working. That said, I have tried to make sure I recorded all the settings since there was a lot of trial and error on my part to get there. The torify list the filter allows by invoking a white and black list, at present, I am using Multiproxy Switch and Promoxitron Config files to achieve. Thank you very much for the direction to the filter though. I do want to understand how the white and black lists work...
kew6000