asp.flaaten.dk
May. 25, 2009, 03:39 PM
RE: asp.flaaten.dk
(May. 25, 2009 03:29 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  Arne, if you want I can try to create an "imitation forum" based off of the databases. It'll be in PHP as that's my "forte". I'd only need the bare minimum, anything other than passwords and private messages Smile!

I will try to look upon this tomorrow. I am off to the shooting range in half an hour. It would be cool to see all the posts again!
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 25, 2009, 04:09 PM
It would be reaaaaallly nice!!!!!! Smile!)))
May. 26, 2009, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: May. 26, 2009 03:55 AM by Arne.)
I have a surprise for you all !!!
Ihave sent the database from the oldest forum to Kye-U and I hope he can do something about it. If nor I have a great TIP on how he can do it.

The reason I have a GOOD tip, is that I have been sitting here all night, after I was at the shooting range, and worked with the database from the newer Proxomitron Forum - the one called the "Official Forum" back then. I thought the database there was smaller!! I thought wrong. It was HUGE!

Well I am so tired now, that I will not keep you wondering.

THE FORUM IS UP AND RUNNING!!!!

I am not going to post the link here, because the forum shall not be active. It is only for all of us to look and read (no posting)

You can all have the link if you send me a PM!!
May. 27, 2009, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: May. 27, 2009 12:31 AM by xartica.)
haha, can I get some help understanding help?

click the button you wish to see help for
Special Metas
Own (button)
"In the own2.txt file you can put what ever you wish"

So... I created C:\own2.txt
and the app didn't read it.
What am I missing?
(May. 25, 2009 03:29 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  PHP as that's my "forte".
Glad to hear it! I've started a different "general discussion" thread to ask for a bit of help:

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1384
May. 27, 2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry about that. It should be own2.rtf and must be in the same folder as the other rtf files (c:\123prox\).

That should work :-)
May. 27, 2009, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: May. 29, 2009 08:33 PM by Arne.)
I made a new version which includes a little editor so one does not have to open Word etc just to edit a little bit.
Same location:
http://www.flaaten.dk/editor.zip
May. 29, 2009, 08:09 PM
Thinking more about this I found it easier to take a richtext editor and change the top menu to dropdown all the commands for Proxomitron. That way one can both look at the help and change it in the same window (or write/read other rtf files).

It makes everything faster and looks better too LOL
It uses the same files as before; in the folder c:\123prox\

http://www.flaaten.dk/editor.zip (367k)

Happy reading
Arne
May. 29, 2009, 09:36 PM
cool tool! thanks for sharin' it with us...

though why is it called an "editor" ?
i wasn't even goin' to bother, MS Notepad is a good enough 'editor' for me (i use too many computers and it is always there and always set to open .txt files), but tried anyway...

this is an AWESOME Help File to teach newbies the in's and out's of the Proxo "language"...
May. 29, 2009, 09:53 PM
Hi there ProxRocks!

Glad you liked it. I myself have wanted somewhere to put filters I see, but not wanting to try just yet. Now I can paste them right into the help file for the command which is mainly used for that filter I see - and I know where to find it later, or just use it to explain to myself how the command can be used. It helps me get organized a little bit LOL.
May. 30, 2009, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: May. 30, 2009 03:10 AM by lnminente.)
I didn't tried it but both of you or any other administrator feel free to modify now and always anytime any thread for help people i have started (for example the one for recommended readings)
May. 30, 2009, 07:59 AM
Hi lnminente!
That is a good post you have there. I like when good things about a subject are gathered at one place.
Have a nice weekend
Arne
May. 30, 2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks Arne! Have good and sunny weekend you too Smile!