Name Server: NS1.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
Name Server: NS2.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM
Name Server: NS3.MY-NAME-SERVER.COM

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=www.kye-u.com
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 14, 2005, 06:25 AM

Kye-U;

When did KmrDrow originally register kye-u.com? Has that lapsed already? But you should be able to show prior usage, and that carries a lot of weight with the dispute resolution folks. The fact that you had it parked and had not been directly using it in the recent past was due to piratical activities that forced you into a 'temporary hold', not due to laziness on your part, or anything like that.

I'd fire a warning shot across their bow, and if that doesn't get any satisfaction, I'd file a grievance with the Dispute Resolution people, starting with your registrar.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Sep. 14, 2005, 06:02 PM

The rest are still available. maybe Kyu-U can grab the .net or .org

Domain Name Availability
kye-u.me.uk Available
kye-u.co.uk Available
Ky-u.org.uk Available
kye-u.uk.com Availaible
kye-u.uk.net Available
kye-u.gb.com Available
kye-u.gb.net Available
kye-u.eu.com Available
kye-u.de.com Available
kye-u.jpn.com Available
kye-u.qc.com Available
kye-u.us.com Available
kye-u.web.com Available
kye-u.tv Available
kye-u.net Available
kye-u.org Available
kye-u.info Available
kye-u.biz Available
kye-u.cc Available
kye-u.com Taken
Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 14, 2005, 06:10 PM

I posted the above but forgot to log in, I didn't know Guests can post on the BB.
Sep. 14, 2005, 06:47 PM

Oh no, I just wanted to point it out xD

Perhaps in the future I will consider to buy a domain name Wink
Sep. 14, 2005, 07:40 PM

I'd just like to point out that DHost doesn't allow domain names, so you would need to find another host if you were ever considering buying one.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Sep. 14, 2005, 07:57 PM

Yup.

Perhaps later in life, when I'm more successful and well-off (hopefully), I can perhaps buy a hosting package at a reliable host (Network Solutions?) and buy a domain.
Sep. 15, 2005, 09:14 PM

Kye-U and Shea;

I clearly recall that KmrDrow bought that domain name for Our Fearless Leader, due in no small part to the troubles we were having after the move from the Lycos servers. KmrDrow was also suffering from DDoS hits to his own sites, but Kye-U stuck by him, and was amply rewarded, I'm sure you'll agree. We all cheered, there was dancing in the streets, fireworks galore, you get the idea.

So the first blush wore off, and the attacks started again. This time, KmrDrow couldn't stop 'em, and once again, the site/forums moved. If I'm not mistaken, that's how we landed at dhost.

Now, the point is not, can or will dhost 'host' a dot com domain name, we already know they won't. But that shouldn't prevent Kye-U from continuing to use the address kye-u.com, should it? Of course not. But.

Yeah, there's always a 'but'. While Kye-U need only 'park' the name somewhere, or even just use a freebie service that points to the dhost server, in point of fact, he can't - he doesn't own the name - KmrDrow does. If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly why Kye-U didn't set this all up right from the get-go -- am I correct on that, Fearless Leader? If I'm right about all that, then it would be up to KmrDrow to pull Kye-U's chestnuts out of the fire. And I'm sorry to have to say it, but I don't wanna make book on how soon that will happen, given the history we've seen.

As was just said, after some time has passed, some thought will be given to registering a name that will mean something to the Proxo community. We can only stick around and .... hey wait a minute!! I just had a frain bart!

Kye-U, why not hold a contest to come up with a new name?! I'll certainly chip in to pay for several years of registration of that name (I've got an in with a local registrar that practically gives 'em to me. Shock). I also bet that most of the regulars here would beat me to the punch and possibly for even more moolah. Man, you'd make out like a bandit - at least 5 years of no domain-name-hijacking worries, and probably at least a year of reliable hosting service. Come to think of it, I have a lot of unused space right now. Hmm, we need to talk.

I've got to start taking those little pills again! Crazy

~!~!~!~!~

elshaddai;
Quote:I posted the above but forgot to log in, I didn't know Guests can post on the BB.
Shame on you, forgetting a simple thing like logging in! Ginko Biloba is your friend!! Cheers (Besides, you can let the forum set a cookie, and you'll be logged in automatically thereafter.)

Oddysey

Sep. 19, 2005, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 20, 2005 02:35 AM by Oddysey.)

in re: The move to a new host:

Nice move, Kye-U, making your name part of the whole scheme. That just keeps the usage of the name 'Kye-U' associated with the Proxomitron community, which in turn should add fuel to the fire, should push ever come to shove.

BTW, I've got a new name to nominate for the contest (if you decide to go that route): Kye-UtheProxoMan.com!

Oddysey

Sep. 19, 2005, 08:08 PM

xD

I don't want to place my name everywhere, if you know what I mean. I don't want it to seem I'm self-centred or something =S

Perhaps I will run that contest when the time comes Wink

With this new host, there are more options to take in the future. I could choose to start paying for a domain and have the ads removed here.

Also, I missed cPanel, so I'm pretty happy with the switch Smile!
Sep. 27, 2005, 05:53 PM

Oddysey Wrote:elshaddai;
Quote:I posted the above but forgot to log in, I didn't know Guests can post on the BB.
Shame on you, forgetting a simple thing like logging in! Ginko Biloba is your friend!! Cheers (Besides, you can let the forum set a cookie, and you'll be logged in automatically thereafter.)

Oddysey

Got a get a bottle, my sister swear by that stuff. Rocker
May. 03, 2006, 07:28 PM

So call me anal-retentive, but I knew this thread was here, and what I've got to say is smack-dab on target, so.....

In looking for something else, I got carried away and looked at the kye-u dot com website. Guess what - the domain name is for sale! Nothing there except the usual page of links pointing to Gawd knows what-all, but the top line, in large letters, lets us know the dirty details.

Fearless Leader, should we (you) persue this? I'll contribute to the funding, if it's within reason. I don't support robbery though, and you've already said that you don't want to fight, so I'm not gonna advocate any of that. But the idea of the "uber" identifier, the dot com..... that's just so attractive. Eyes Closed Smile (But I did warn everyone up front - I'm anal-retentive to the max! Big Teeth)

Oddysey

May. 04, 2006, 12:59 PM
RE: Kye-U.com domain taken
I will fight for it it in the future >:] (After I get a good paying job and live on my own)

Sedo is a low-life domain hijacker.

I will deal with them when I have the time to Smile! (Many of my friends plan to be lawyers...if need be I'll ask them to help me)

EDIT: I'll probably buy my own server in the future, hopefully with "Kye-U.com"
May. 05, 2006, 03:11 AM
Kye-U;
Quote:I will fight for it it in the future >:] (After I get a good paying job and live on my own)

Sedo is a low-life domain hijacker.

I will deal with them when I have the time to Smile! (Many of my friends plan to be lawyers...if need be I'll ask them to help me)

EDIT: I'll probably buy my own server in the future, hopefully with "Kye-U.com"
Ahh, but we can't sit on it too long there, buddy, or else the arbitration board (or courts, etc.) will say, "Well obviously you weren't too concerned, or you would have stuck up for your rights back then. We fail to see any difference between then and now." In short, if you don't constantly protect your rights (in this case, your name being used as a domain name), then you stand a chance of losing.

How long into the future? Good question. But even having a history of a web presence (thanks to http://www.archive.org), and a whole community of witnesses (members of this forum), you are still in a weak spot if you wait too long. My suggestion is, better start checking with your lawyer-wannabe friends now. Wink

Take it for what it's worth. Whistling

Oddysey

May. 05, 2006, 05:39 AM
In 5-6 years, after I graduate from university?

Perhaps even earlier, as I will be taking the Co-op program at my university, and be getting paid.