Why is this host slow?
Oct. 06, 2005, 06:32 AM
Why is this host slow?
This host is much slower than the previous one was.
Even with blocking images and not filtering cookies by content (as I was doing before), sometimes the loading of the index page is very slow.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 06, 2005, 07:35 PM

Ahhh, so it isn't just me... Whew! Dead

After karping about dhost, I thought I'd better stay mum, as I didn't want to appear to be unsatisfied with Kye-U's efforts on our behalf. And for a short while, all was well with hostingzero, but alas, I fear that may be no more.

Like Siamesecat, I sometimes get 10 to 15 second delays from request to fulfillment. The weird part is, it might happen only every other page request, or it might happen for 6, 8, even 10 page requests in a row - there just isn't any rhyme or reason to when the delays will occur. And make no mistake, these are delays in processing from hostingzero, not network slowdowns or some such - a simple tracert will prove that.

But should we 'move', yet again?? Not unless Kye-U takes up a collection to support a paid hosting solution, preferably one with a guaranteed minimum bandwidth for delivery of pages requested. Now, who's on first? Crazy

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Oct. 06, 2005, 07:48 PM

It seems to be a DNS slow-down...
The pages seems to be loading quickly, it's just taking forever for the DNS to be resolved...

At least, that's what I'm seeing - my pages are loading in less than 2 seconds...
Oct. 06, 2005, 08:06 PM

ProxRocks;

My DNS is having no problems. In coming back to this topic before going away for the afternoon, I found that every page loaded mosh-kosh - muy quick time! And I don't have a cache, per se, so that isn't the reason either. It was just simply time to stop delaying viewers requests, that's all. >Smile!

But after I post this, we'll see what happens, eh? Cheers

Oddysey

Edit
Sure enough, the #(%*@)!*&%()^# thing is back to the speed of molasses in January! Guess I had my three free shots at a quick page load for the day, eh? Mad with Teeth
[/edit]

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Oct. 06, 2005, 08:57 PM

I don't mind doing the switch back to DHost as I still have the account there.

It's all up to you guys Smile!
Visit this user's website