my website
Apr. 11, 2004, 07:26 PM

please don't be too harsh [unsure] as it is still under contruction, but feel free to tell me what u think of it.

i might think about putting some proxo config files on it, like all the versions of jak's config's if he would be kind enough to give me his older ones (some people might prefer them) and jd5000's and anyone else's if they want Pervert

Check it out... Welcome

(?`?._)?n?iT?u??(?`?._)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 11, 2004, 09:10 PM

The bottom is a bit messed up; the "<---------------------"

But it looks good!
Visit this user's website
Apr. 11, 2004, 09:18 PM

It looks good. Might want to get a better webspace provider though. GeoCities sucks. I've searched all over Google for a truly "FREE" provider and I've found one thats good. IllusionFX Net. Also you might want to look into Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for some extra style.

..::Kye-U::..

That's part of the template he is using.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Apr. 11, 2004, 10:49 PM

My only comment, thus far anyway, is in the form of a filter...

Code:
Name = "Prevent Meta Page Transitions {Jor} (modified)"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$IHDR(Content-Type: (*(html|xml)*))"
Bounds = "<meta\s[^>]++http-equiv=$AV((Sit|Pag)e-E(nter|xit))[^>]+>"
Limit = 128
Match = "*"
Replace = "<center>"
"<span class=Prox id="p-cookie" style=display:none;>"
"\&bull; Meta Page Transition Disabled"
"</span></center>"
Apr. 12, 2004, 04:12 AM

belthazor;

Went there, bookmarked it, bought the underwear on T-Shirt Hell :o [lol]

Not bad, but what do you do when people like me drop by? We don't particularly care for the Goth appearance, not because of any beliefs, but because it's damned hard for us old farts to read dark colored text against a black background. Personally, I use the Clarifier, but not everyone has that installed. At least I can see everything without squinting, though.

Depending on the audience you're trying to attract, you might keep that in the back of your mind.

And real programmers don't just code in binary. A real programmer can look at a 6 megabyte hexadecimal core dump and find the error... in his head! I tried that once.... just once. I'm still not fully recovered, and it's been something like 35 years! Banging Head [lol]

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Apr. 12, 2004, 07:08 AM

I saw an interesting effect on that page. My Background Colour Replacer filter removed the background image and replaced it with a bgcolor command to turn the page yellow. This command seems to override the bgcolor command that follows, to turn the page black.
Apr. 12, 2004, 08:09 AM

i will get to work on trying to use illusionfxnet that shea was on about, plus brighten the backcolor a little for the oldies :P and finally get rid of transitions

but illusionfxnet is a 'cannot be found' type of website at this moment in time, so i'll get back to it later....cheers for the replies Smile!

p.s. i almost forgot, can someone find me a basic css tutorial; because i don't even know where to start [huh]

[huh] <----- i don't know what it is but this little smiliey reminds me so much of the old dos game : Day of the Tentacle

(?`?._)?n?iT?u??(?`?._)
Apr. 12, 2004, 05:39 PM

Oddysey, I think our website layout will have a white background, with rich blue/green. Ya old fart [lol]

[huh] <-- *Slurp Slap* [rolleyes]
Visit this user's website
Apr. 13, 2004, 01:54 AM

Kye-U;
Quote:[huh]&nbsp; <-- *Slurp Slap*&nbsp; [rolleyes]
What, I don't even rate a beeyotch slap?!?! [blink] What's a guy gotta do around here to get a liddle respeck? [angry] [unsure] Big Teeth

Thanks for thinkin' of us old clodhoppers, but you can experiment and try out different things if you want. My favorite rule of thumb is simple - would you be proud to show it to your parents?

And if you did show it to them, would they say "Oh.... how... nice"? That barometer is not just for younger programmers like Shea and Kye-U, it's for everybody, even me at nearly 60 years of age. Sure, my folks have passed on, but I still think like that, and that's what counts. Plus, if you're really into making your site accessible (I'm preaching to the whole crowd now, not anyone in particular.), then try The Bobby - that will give you a fair idea of what people from other walks of life think of your site.

Also, while I'm on the soapbox right now Microphone (and wouldn't you know it, Jak just snuck up behind me with a box of matches and a can o' gasoline - hmmm. Pervert), Any Browser is a good starting place to find tools that check your pages for cross-browser compatiblity. If you start at the main page, it looks like your have to pay - not so. Surf directly to Site Viewer to see what your pages look like in other browsers, for free. And while you're there, they have a free HTML validity checker at Code Checker. Net Mechanic also does HTML code validation.

And if you're Jor or TEggHead, you can always check for XML validity with the W3C page on that, available at the World Wide Wackos.

OK, that's about it for now. Say, anybody seen the fire extinguisher?.... that Jak, you just can't take him anywhere, can you? :o <_< [lol]

Oddysey

Apr. 13, 2004, 04:20 AM

belthazor;
Quote:... p.s. i almost forgot, can someone find me a basic css tutorial; because i don't even know where to start [huh]
Here are two of my favorite reference links - the first is more comprehensive, but the second fits on one page: CSS Properties, CSS Reference

A beginner's level tutorial: Tutorial

And here's an overall resources site, a lot of good stuff here: Resource Index

There are, of course, myriad other pages/sites out there. Google is your friend!

Enjoy.

Oddysey

Apr. 13, 2004, 12:28 PM

Those are good tutorials and CSS isn't very hard to learn. I just downloaded some of the CSS from sites I go to and look at what each CSS is controling. Once you learn, its very easy to understand.

I also attached a very nice program. It lets you select which color you want something to be and it tells you the hex value. You'll need it with HTML and CSS.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Jun. 06, 2004, 02:42 PM

oooo funky.... anywaz its nice maybe just change the colours around but other then that its reallie nice!!! Smile!