Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "YouTube: Video Direct Download Link Generator [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "([^/]++.|)youtube.com/watch\?v=[a-Z0-9\-]"
Limit = 512
Match = "(<script type=\"text/javascript\">"
        " // <!\[CDATA\["
        " var fo = new \wObject\(\"/player(2|).swf?video_id=\1\", \"movie_player\", "[0-9]+", "[0-9]+", [0-9]+, "#[a-Z0-9]+{6}"\);"
        " fo.write\(\"(flashcontent|playerDiv)\"\);"
        " // \]\]>"
        " </script>)\0"
Replace = "\0\r\n\r\n"
          ""
          "<div style="font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border: 1px dotted red; background: #FFC; width: 400px; padding: 6px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 8px;"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/get_video\?video_id=\1">[ Download Video ][/url]</div>"

Works with both the current video player, and the new beta video player.

See screenshot for link placement.

EDIT: Thanks to LWC for pointing this out, download this (FLVConvert) to convert the .FLV files to .AVI, .MPG, or .MP2.

Attached File(s)
.png  youtube.png (Size: 119.04 KB / Downloads: 3243)
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 04, 2006, 07:43 AM
RE: YouTube: Direct DL Link Generator
Kye-U,
Quote:URL = "[^/]++youtube.com/watch\?v=[a-Z0-9]"
The proper syntax for this wildcard should include the dot before "youtube".
If the dot is not included like this: "[^/]++.youtube.com/", then anything in front of "youtube" would match. Something like "www.seeyoutube.com/" would match, for instance.
May. 04, 2006, 12:35 PM
Siamesecat Wrote:Kye-U,
Quote:URL = "[^/]++youtube.com/watch\?v=[a-Z0-9]"
The proper syntax for this wildcard should include the dot before "youtube".
If the dot is not included like this: "[^/]++.youtube.com/", then anything in front of "youtube" would match. Something like "www.seeyoutube.com/" would match, for instance.

I see Wink

Thanks!
May. 05, 2006, 05:31 AM
I tried the filter on a youtube site, but it did not match. I found some problems with the syntax which might explain that. One does not need to escape quotation marks.
The code on the page I found was like this:
"movie_player", "450", "370", 7, "#FFFFFF");
The filter uses:
\"movie_player\", "[0-9]+", "[0-9]+", [0-9]+, "#[a-Z0-9]+{6}"\);"
If the first 2 numbers are always 3-digit numbers, why not express them as: "[0-9]+{3}" and the if the third one always has only 1 digit, why include the plus sign?
This is my modified version, which did match:
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "YouTube: Video Download Link Generator [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "([^/]++.|)youtube.com/"
Limit = 512
Match = "(<script type="text/javascript">"
        " // <!\[CDATA\["
        " var fo = new FlashObject\("/player(2|).swf?video_id=\1", "movie_player", "[0-9]+{3}","
        " "[0-9]+{3}", [0-9], "#[a-z0-9]+{6}"\);"
        " fo.write\("(flashcontent|playerDiv)"\);"
        " // \]\]>"
        " </script>)\0"
Replace = "\0\r\n\r\n"
          "<div style="font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center; border: 1px dotted red;"
          "background: #FFC; width: 400px; padding: 6px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; "
          "margin-bottom: 8px;"><a href="http://\h/get_video\?video_id=\1">[ Download Video ][/url]</div>"
After all that, I found that Media Player Classic could not play the video! Bummer!
May. 05, 2006, 05:34 AM
Thanks! Updated the first post.

Try:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
May. 07, 2006, 07:58 AM
Kye-U,
That VLC viewer did the trick! It works with Shockwave (not Flash) videos very well.
May. 09, 2006, 06:58 AM
Siamesecat,
Quote:Kye-U,
That VLC viewer did the trick! It works with Shockwave (not Flash) videos very well.
Is that what YouTube is using? I also can't see their stuff, which irritates me no end, but I'll be hornswoggled if I'm gonna let any Macromedia-built Flash viewers onto my machine. Mad with Teeth I have the Quicktime viewer plug-in for Flash, but it only works about 20 or 25% of the time. I need a plug-in for that either in Quicktime or WMP, anyone got any ideas, please?

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
May. 09, 2006, 12:19 PM
Oddysey wrote : "I have the Quicktime viewer plug-in for Flash, but it only works about 20 or 25% of the time. I need a plug-in for that either in Quicktime or WMP, anyone got any ideas, please? "
Exactly what was happening to me , but I hate Quicktime and especially WMP . I am using Winamp ver. 5.13 in MSIE with some plugins and I view videos in Winamp ; success is > 75% . OTOH , when using Opera 8.54 viewing video seems easier ; success is 90% but slower . Look at using QuickTime Alternative and Real Alternative with Winamp , but stay away from the latest Winamp ver. 5.2 or higher . If you get a few free minutes take a look at : http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/ ; I think you'll get a few laughs . HTH . Regards , Ralph
May. 09, 2006, 07:24 PM
Ralph,

I'm on it, thanks. I knew there was another alternative out there, but I just couldn't think of it at the moment. Banging Head

What's wrong with WinAmp 5.2 and above?

Oddysey

May. 09, 2006, 10:59 PM
I tried the latest versions of Winamp but had nothing but trouble . Freeze ups , crashes are much more common . The playlist , video , streaming music formats have changed . It seems AOL , who owns Winamp , is getting more involved and trying to change users habits . Newer versions are not always better . If you are a Winamp fan check their forums and see what users are saying : http://forums.winamp.com/index.php?
May. 10, 2006, 06:16 AM
I am using Media Player Classic with Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative. It works with some Shockwave Flash items, but not all. I was using the VLC viewer with Shockwave files which were not flash file. I think the extension was .flv.
May. 10, 2006, 03:28 PM
Siamesecat
Quote:I am using Media Player Classic with Real Alternative and Quicktime Alternative. It works with some Shockwave Flash items, but not all. I was using the VLC viewer with Shockwave files which were not flash file. I think the extension was .flv.
I'm also a MPC user, and I can no longer find the Real and Quicktime alternatives. Got a link for me, pretty please? Wink

I don't find the older Quicktime player to be intrusive, just a bit of a hassle about "Get update now?".... have to click through that to get the player to run, but otherwise, it's OK. The newer players, though, are almost as bad as Real and Macromedia about updating and/or licensing. And don't get me started on the age-old question of why does it seem like just about every flash file in the world has to be stored on Macromedia's servers???????? I'm not even gonna go there today. Sad

Oddysey

May. 10, 2006, 10:04 PM
Here you go : http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Q...49831315/1
May. 11, 2006, 05:02 AM
The K-Lite codec mega-pack can be downloaded from here:
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm. It contains Real and Quicktime Alternative.
What is getting my goat is that more and more sites are demanding that one use Macromedia, or they won't even let you look at the Flash file. Some are also insisting that IE be used to access the page.
May. 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
Siamesecat;
Quote:The K-Lite codec mega-pack can be downloaded from here:
http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm. It contains Real and Quicktime Alternative.
What is getting my goat is that more and more sites are demanding that one use Macromedia, or they won't even let you look at the Flash file. Some are also insisting that IE be used to access the page.
Thanks for the link - I hadn't realized how far out of date my codec pack was. Sad

As for the "insist on IE", that's usually rendered moot with a faked header ID string, ala The JakxPack Spoofer Set. Not always, I admit, but usually.

And the real reason I decided to write this: ".... demanding that one use Macromedia". There it is, folks, in all it's glory. There is only one reason to restrict the user to this player, and that is, all the other alternatives block or otherwise don't use javascript to execute background commands. The Macromedia players are set to not only allow these operations, but to hide them from the user. There's no configuration item to disable them, so one has to rely on his/her outbound firewall to catch these sneak thieves in the night.

Nuts and bolts short of it is; Macromedia told us long ago, somewhere around version 4 or maybe 5, that they were moving to the use of javascript to make their animations run within a variety of browsers. Now I don't know about you (or about hpguru), but when I look in the javascript manual, as written by netscape, and I see "getFile" and "uploadFile", I get the heebie-jeebies. All over the floor. And that's a real mess. D'oh!

That kind of security leak I don't need. Ever since I learned about that one, I've steered clear of all other players, even the WMP versions after 7.1 - I just can't be sure that they are "clean". With the advent of alternative codecs for older players, though, I can keep up (somewhat) with the latest in, ahem,.... entertainment on the web. Yeah, that's it, entertainment. >:]

And I still say, if you're gonna play an swf file stored on Macromedia's servers (which over 98% of all of them are), then you should be accessing them via an anonymizing system of some sort. They just don't have any business knowing what kinds of "entertainment" I like to watch.

I'm sure most of you have been reading about the latest furor caused by the phone companies giving our calling records to the NSA. Do we really need to voluntarily participate in a similar program when the Justice Dept. or some alphabet-soup agency comes asking for "viewer habits/patterns" from the main "entertainment media" servers?

</soap box>

Thanks for listening, I feel better now. Wink

Oddysey