JakxPack IV download
Mar. 08, 2004, 05:09 AM

Here is the complete Filter Set with all the updates just incase You want to re-download it. And I thought that "Kye-U" might want to change the download over at Computer-Cops site. Smile!

Best Wishes,
"~JaK~" =:-)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 08, 2004, 05:57 AM

Hey Jak,

Thanks for the update. I think I have identified my problem. The autoexec.bat file doesn't copy the files from the Rejuvenator folder to the Session-Only folder drive after the latter is cleaned on Proxo restart.
Any solutions?

TIA

gorgan
Mar. 08, 2004, 08:20 AM

Hi "Gorgan",

Question: When You looked at one of the lists in the "Session-Only" folder after restarting Proxo, was their still entries in the list?

There should "NOT" be any, since the autoexec file suppose to copy the "blank" ones in the "Rejuventor" and then overwrite the ones in the Session only folder.

Question: "What O/S are You using?"

Lets find out what's happening when the batch file runs. First take a look in the PRoxo list directory for the autoexec.bat file. When You find it, right click on it, and click "edit". then change this string in it from

@echo off
copy /y C:\Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator\*.txt C:\Jakx_Session_Only_list\*.txt /v >NUL

"to"

@echo on
copy /y C:\Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator\*.txt C:\Jakx_Session_Only_list\*.txt /v >NUL
pause

Save the changes and close the file. By changing the @echo from "off" to "on", the autoexec.bat file will now "echo" in the dos prompt what the file is doing when it's running. And by adding the "pause" at the end of the file it will make the dos prompt stay on the screen so You can read it. That way we can see what's going on in the background. Smile! You can edit those lines back out when you are done.

And please don't get frustrated, . . .we'll figure this out together. Cheers What seems to work on one machine sometimes doesn't always work on another one without some "tweaks", even though they might be the same kind of machine.

Check back with You in the later,
Best Wishes,
"Jak" [smoke]
Mar. 08, 2004, 11:39 AM

AAARRRGGG!!!

Will somebody please place the new download on Computer Cops...
Mar. 08, 2004, 12:42 PM

AAARRRGGG!!! *AGAIN!!!*

I can't get the download with IE6/WinXP OR with Firefox/WinXP!!!
With NO Proxomitron AT ALL!!!

This is about to turn me away from the new forum...
However, I shall be patient before I turn away too abruptly...
Mar. 08, 2004, 12:48 PM

Hi ProxRocks,
Can You download from the other FORUM? I can upload the update from over there. Also what happens when You try to download from here?
Best Wishes,
"Jak" Smile!
Mar. 08, 2004, 02:36 PM

Here is the error I get:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

I've been able to get the latest JakxPack from other means - thanks big-time...

I've never had any problems downloading from any other forum...
Mar. 08, 2004, 02:58 PM

Jak, This is what I get when I made the change
@echo on
C:\Proxomitron copy /y C:\Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator\*.txt C:\Jakx_Session_Only_list\*.txt /v >NUL
Pause

I have seen the entries as they are recorded in the Session_Only folder. As mentioned before, the files are not being automatically copied from the Rejuvenator to the Session folder. I have enabled Program or URL to run when Proxomitron starts with this entry in the Find field. This is the entry
C:\PROXOMITRON\Lists\Proxo.cmd.bat.bat since I have my Proxo directory on the C:\ drive.

Gorgan

P.S. I am using Win 98Se with Opera 7.23/7.5p2
Mar. 08, 2004, 07:36 PM

Hi "Gorgan",

Question: Is the Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator and the Jakx_Session_Only_list folders in C:\drive or in the Proxomitron folder?

I think that the autoexec file is looking in the Proxo folder for the Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator and the Jakx_Session_Only_list folders, instead of just looking in C:\drive.

I'll checked back with You this evening My Good Friend, between the two of us I think we can solve this one. Smile!

Take Care and Safe-surfin',
~JaK~ =:-)
Mar. 08, 2004, 09:17 PM

ProxRocks Wrote:AAARRRGGG!!! *AGAIN!!!*

I can't get the download with IE6/WinXP OR with Firefox/WinXP!!!
With NO Proxomitron AT ALL!!!

This is about to turn me away from the new forum...
However, I shall be patient before I turn away too abruptly...
This is weird.

I updated the Skins from the PHP files, if that helps.
I'm currently trying to install paFileDB, but I'm having trouble logging into the Administrator Control Panel... Banging Head
Visit this user's website
Mar. 09, 2004, 12:31 AM

Jak, when I click the green arrow it deletes the files in the Jakx_Session_Only_List folder. Then when I start browsing again it says it can't find the files in that directory.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Mar. 09, 2004, 12:35 AM

Hi "Gorgan"[/b],
If Both of those folders are in C:\drive, and not in Your PRoxo folder, (the Session only & the Rejuvenator folder), then lets try this, . . .lets' change the autoexec file to:

copy /y C:\Jakx_Lists_Rejuvenator\*.* C:\Jakx_Session_Only_list\*.* /v >NUL

By changing the *.txt to *.* we are copying not just text files but everything that's in the one folder to the other. So far everything looks like it's suppose to. *scatches head*

We'll just keep pluggin' until we find out why it's not working right. It's a puzzle, . . .but I believe that persistence always wins eventually.

Well, I'll check back later to find out how it comes out.
Take Care and Safe-surfin',
"~Jak~" Smile!
Mar. 09, 2004, 12:50 AM

Hi "SHea",
It that a Proxo error message or is that an entry on Proxo's Log window? I haven't seen it before. I'm being to wonder about where that I use disk compression utility if that someway isn't a factor in the problem. Could You check the attributes and see if they are compressed or "read only". I've set the Rejuvenator text files to "read only" to keep them from accidently being written to, but I'm wondering if where I made this set on a compressed drive if that has effected the files somehow. I'm not sure, but I'll find out.

The filters have to be "writing" to the lists, and the autoexec is cleaning them out, but the filters should be "capturing" the URLs and appending them to the Session-only folder "blocklists".
Question: "What does the Log window show in it?"

Get back later,
Best Wishes,
~JaK~=:-)
Mar. 09, 2004, 01:24 AM

Jak I think its when it copies the lists from rejuvenater (read-only) to the session only list the read-only attribute isn't being lifted so the session only files are now read-only therefor can't be writen to.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Mar. 09, 2004, 01:29 AM

"Shea",
That's exactly what I was thinking. Please change them and let Me know if that takes care of the Problem. I think I'm learning a thing or two on this set, . .lol!

"Jak"