Page appearance
Mar. 22, 2007, 10:19 PM
Page appearance
Why does the index page look completely different if I am logged in, compared to when I am not?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 26, 2007, 07:48 AM
RE: Page appearance
Siamesecat,

Different in what way?

Could it be nothing more than a skins issue? If so, then you should be able to straighten it all out by logging in, then re-applying whichever skin you had previously selected, and then making sure that your cookie is saved when you exit your browser session.

The TUOPF cookie on your machine stores your skin choice, as well as your login data. If you are normally automatically logged in every time you visit here, then it would appear that the cookie is good..... or at least, that part of it. I suppose the skin portion could still be corrupted, but that seems pretty far fetched, even to me. D'oh! (Of course, if you don't use that feature, or if you don't allow the cookie at all, the all bets (about cookies) are off. Sad)

If that isn't the problem, then could you describe it in a bit more detail, please?

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Mar. 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
Hi!

Can you take a screenshot of what the index page looks like when you're logged out, and one for when you're logged in?

Thanks Smile!
Visit this user's website
Mar. 27, 2007, 07:36 AM
I keep getting the old skin. I would like to try the new one. I have not seen any way to access skins lately. I clicked every link at the top of the page. None of them showed me any skins.
Mar. 27, 2007, 07:35 PM
Wow! That is much better. I like the new skin. This is the one I want from now on. What did you do, change the cookie from some kind of default?
Mar. 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
I just went into the ACP, accessed your profile, then saw you were on the "MyBB Default" skin, and I changed it to "Forum Default", which is set to the ONi skin Wink

I'm glad you like it =] I've just deleted the "MyBB Default" skin, where all users should now see the default skin, which is "ONi".

(This might explain the lack of "excitement" I was expecting after I created the theme, since members weren't seeing it)

You could've manually changed your theme setting by going to User CP, Edit Options, then looking under "Other Options" (here), but who'd want to go through all that work? Wink
Visit this user's website
Mar. 29, 2007, 10:40 PM
Fearless Leader;

This looks good to me too! Beaucoup kudos! Applause

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!