Alias List some not working
Sep. 26, 2007, 05:12 PM
Alias List some not working
I'm having trouble with the alias list. There are 17 items and 2 are not working. One goes to this forum and the other to my router. This is what I tried so far:

Used a different alias name
Checked the spelling by pasting the url in the browser
(Have IE7) Tried different letters and numbers in - URL: Alias Redirector
[.$LST(AliasList) -> 1.$LST(AliasList) & q.$LST(AliasList)]
Tried moving them to the top and bottom of the list
Removed them, rebooted and added them back

Then I noticed these 2 were the only ones that didn't have 'www' in the url. To see if this was the problem, I added 'en.wikipedia.org' and 'support.microsoft.com'; but both worked without a hitch. Similarly, the router was the only one with an IP address. I added an IP cnet address and that worked too. This doesn't make sense.

They worked until I added SSL support to Proxom. There was an issue somewhere when I tried logging into a secure site so I unchecked the option. It was after that, when the 2 addresses stopped working. I don't see how this could be related; it's probably just a coincidence.

Is anyone else having this challenge?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 27, 2007, 08:26 AM
RE: Alias List some not working
The only thing I did to customize Proxo for my router was to make sure that no proxies were used when I was communicating with it. To make accessing the router easier, I bookmarked its IP address. I have never used the alias list. Instead of using a keyboard shortcut (alias) to access this forum, why not just bookmark it?
Sep. 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
RE: Alias List some not working
Siamesecat Wrote:Instead of using a keyboard shortcut (alias) to access this forum, why not just bookmark it?

I did bookmark for now but it would be nice to reslove the problem. I use the keyboard more than the mouse so it's faster and easier to use. It's really cool how it works - when it works. LOL

Something got messed up some where. I'll probably need to download another copy of proxom to fix it.