Proxomitron Application Error
Sep. 06, 2007, 05:16 PM
Proxomitron Application Error
Hi,
Almost hesitate to ask this after all the help I got from my last query but this really has me stumped. As of yesterday, whenever I first start up my computer I get these Proxomitron Application Error messages that say:
Exception (c0000005) raised in...SslStart:::...

And not just one but a whole series of them spread out over several minutes. The problem started a few days after I started using Sidiki's 2007 cfg with update and merged it with his 2006 cfg. Other than that I've made no changes.
Thanx
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 06, 2007, 05:31 PM
RE: Proxomitron Application Error
"whenever i first start up my computer"...

may i assume that you have a shortcut to Proxo in your startup folder?
if so, try this - remove it from your startup folder, reboot, wait until computer is fully booted, now start Proxo...

what happens when you start Proxo?
same behaviour as when within the startup folder or a different behaviour?
Sep. 06, 2007, 05:33 PM
ps - on a different note, you cannot simply "merge" two sidki configs on top of each other, you'll want to simply download the latest release and wip's and then add in a filter here and there, NOT merge it with a previous release...
Sep. 07, 2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry for the confusion, What I meant to say was that after I updated from the 2006 config to the 2007 I merged the filters. Whether it's a coincidence or not, I haven't seen the Application Error warning since I took Proxo out of the Startup folder. Odd though, that that should be the cause since I've always had it in that folder.
Sep. 07, 2007, 07:28 PM
correct, you "should" be able to have it in the startup folder with no problems...

by taking it out of the startup folder and starting it manually only after the startup sequence is completed and that fixing the problem tells me that you "might" have a trojan/virus/malware that is "phoning home" during startup...

i'd run Spybot/SpywareBlaster/Ad-Aware and a virus scan if i were you, you seem to have "something" accessing the 'net "during" startup...

just a guess, but it certainly won't hurt to run the scans...
Sep. 10, 2007, 09:57 PM
Since I last wrote I reinstated Proxo, not in the startup folder itself but in MSCONFIG. And, whether coincidence or not, the error message never returned so I've left it there. Let you know if it returns.
I have a whole host of anti malware programs including all of the ones you mentioned which I run together with my antivirus on a weekly basis and none of them have turned up anything.
Thanx for your help