Author Topic: User-Agent List for Proxo's "Rotation Filter"  (Read 3423 times)

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
User-Agent List for Proxo's "Rotation Filter"
« on: March 08, 2002, 07:14:36 PM »
HI "Friends",
             I have just finished configuring a list of User-Agents for The Proxo User-Agent Rotation Filter. It contains 230 entries and I think that it works really well with the "Rotation Filter". It's already to be downloaded and used as is. You can download it here on the Sub-Forum. Just click here: http://asp.flaaten.dk/pforum/fu/users/29_18.zip  I hope that you have as much enjoyment using it as I did configuring it. I hope that you have a Wonderful and Blessed Day, My Friends.
Best Wishes, "Jak"

Edited by - JakBeNymble on 08 Mar 2002  19:17:26

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2002, 02:39:51 AM »
Hi Proxo_users,
              I should have made mention that after you download the User-Agent List and extract it to the Proxo File, you have to make a path to the file before The Proxo U/A rotation filter will use the file. (Config>blockFile>Add>) and then write the file's name exactly, in Proxo's Block file List. You can rename the file any name you wish, but it must match exactly to the name in Proxo's Block-file List or the Filter won't use the list. I'm sure that you maybe already aware of this, but just in case.
Have a Great Week-end
"JaK"

Arne

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 1448105
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aflaaten
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arneflaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 04:50:01 PM »
Nice list you have assambled here and thanks for sharing. Just a word of caution. On this site many of the Spiders, Webcrawlers and Email Gathering Robots are banned by default. Just so people know why they see the banned page if they attempt us show one of these as their Aser Agent.

Best wishes
Arne
Imici username: Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 05:37:41 AM »
Hi FRIENDS,
              Thanks ARNE for mentioning this. I didn't think about it when I was compiling the U/A list. Here is an exception to the U/A Rotation Filter that will keep Users from experiencing problems on the FORUM, but they also can create  an "Exceptions" text file in Proxo and add any Urls to it if they experience any problem with them, also. Here is the Filter and remember the " are not part of the Filter, they just show where the filter values start and where they end.

-------Start Filter-------

Key="User-Agent: Abb(out) "Rotate"th"
                       Url="(^asp.flaaten.dk/w|$LST(Exceptions))"
                       Match="$LST(Agents)"
                       Replacement=""

--------End Filter---------

Now for these "Exception sites", if a one wants to use another U/A Filter when the Rotation Filter "drops Out", They can just use the following Filter that will automatically "kick in" when the rotation Filter Drops out.

-------Start Filter-------

Key="User-Agent: ABc(out) "Favorite U/A Filter"
                  Url="(asp.flaaten.dk/w|$LST(Exceptions))"
                  Replacement="Any User-Agent you want to use"

-------End Filter-------

Remember BOTH of these Filters need to be "ENABLED", and the Rotation Filter should be just above the second filter. That's why I put the 'Abb' on the one, and 'ABc' in the second, so they would stack on top of each other in the Proxo Http filter list. This works fine for me, and I used ARNE's User-Agent Filter in ARNE's config. file for the second filter. Thanks ARNE! To look like a Socks Ad-Blocking Proxy use "Mozilla/9.9" for the Replacement in the second filter.

Also Both Filters will use the same "Exceptions" Text file so you won't have to enter the same url twice. And if you will notice the URL-line in both filters have almost the same values. Except in the first filter, it has the meta-character ^, whick means "not". So the first filter will work on all sites Except (NOT)for asp.flaaten.dk/pforum and any site it finds in the "Exceptions" list. Now the second filter WILL Only WORK FOR asp.flaaten.dk/pforum and any site it finds in the "Exceptions" list.

Also, I'm working on an Up-dated version of my U/A list right now with hundreds  of more entries! And when it's finished, I promise it will on the Sub-Forum for My Friends to use and enjoy.

Have a Wonderful and Blessed Week-end, My FRIENDS!
"JaK"

Edited by - JakBeNymble on 30 Mar 2002  10:15:27