Author Topic: Naoko 4.3  (Read 13235 times)

MorpheusDreamlord

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2002, 08:15:42 AM »
quote:

Sounds like you're version of IE still has the Last-Modified: cache bug. I removed the work-around Proxomitron had for that since it was causing other problems.

If you're still using the WinME base install, you should probably do a windows update and get your system patched up.

Yup, got the latest May update (unless there's a later one..)

|
Come to the Dreaming...
|
Come to the Dreaming...

Multiproxomatrix

• ICQ Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ethixstudent
    • View Profile
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2002, 10:22:20 AM »
Hello Group,

I watched this thread dealing with the partial page loads when it was active very closely, but I didn't want to chime in until I knew anything definite. I was getting the partial loads with such frequency that I returned to using 4.2, and began examining the programs differences. The only apparent thing I saw that would cause {Scott, you would know for sure :)}this was the new connection persistance feature. I returned to 4.3, but unticked "local connections persist". I haven't gotten a partial page load in two weeks with constant use. I think there must be a problem in the way the local persistance is being implemented. Hope this helps.

Multiproxo

IE6 build 2600
Windows 2000 SP2
Sygate 5 build 1120
Mainly using JD's config at this time with a few small additions.

M.P.M.

dave1006

• ICQ Messenger - 92066376
    • View Profile
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2002, 12:59:20 PM »
Hi Multiproxomatrix,
I only ever got the half page loads when using pipelining with Mozilla... (Which was|is buggy).

With Opera and IE, and Mozilla with proxy pipelining off, I never have any problems at all with Proxo.... It runs as beautifully as ever

dave
dave at smokeajay.co.uk
dave
dave at smokeajay.co.uk

Scott Lemmon

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • http://proxomitron.cjb.net/
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2002, 04:27:29 PM »
I'm using one of the nightly builds of Mozilla and it seems that the pipelining has been mostly fixed.  There's still a problem with it sometimes having trouble if you stop a page in the middle of loading and then load another page - Mozilla still tries to reuse connections which have old requests queued up on them.  

They've also fixed another annoying bug that would randomly cause some pages to load twice - it could be hard to notice, but on some pages you'd see two requests in Proxomitron's log window.  It could cause double posts at some sites too.

As far as the persistence goes it works fine, but you may be having the local file problem described in the other posts.  Disabling local persistence will avoid that, but using the filter should work better.

Funny that there's not much consistency in the symptoms people describe as causing this - for example, some were reporting turning off local persistence actually made the half-loads worse. Since many things - both Proxomitron related and not - can cause partial page loads, I suspect it may not all be the same issue.

Multiproxomatrix

• ICQ Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ethixstudent
    • View Profile
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2002, 08:51:49 AM »
Well in the big picture, not having persistant connections enabled is not even a problem in my book. I never had it 4.2, which I fell in love with , so I don't miss not using it in 4.3. The program is fantastic. Good luck with fixing it. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but thank you for your efforts, and for finding the time to give us this vital piece of software.

M.P.M.

M.P.M.

xartica

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
Naoko 4.3
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2002, 01:54:52 AM »
Multiproxomatrix:

THanks! Unticking "local connections persist" solved the half-laoding page problem for me too.