Author Topic: I ask every member  (Read 2131 times)

Arne

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 1448105
    • AOL Instant Messenger - aflaaten
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - arneflaa
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I ask every member
« on: July 30, 2002, 03:09:01 PM »
I am asking every memer here on my website to read my son's story in Danish or English at http://www.reidar.flaaten.dk/ and write to the computer shop ComputerCity (mail at the bottom) and express your thoughts about their behavior.

I thank you all for doing this favour for me!

Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne

Jor

• ICQ Messenger - 10401286
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jor otf
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jor_otf
    • View Profile
    • http://members.outpost10f.com/~jor/
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 12:16:58 AM »
Done.

Stores that rip off their customers like this deserve the bad rep... especially if kids are the victim.

I've also passed on the URL to my Danish friends.

Arne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 08:22:58 AM »
Thank you! I can tell you that they really have a bad attitude. Of course I can buy him a DVD, it does not cost much for my wallet but very much for my son, but I am going to go through with this one all the way. I hope I can show him both that the legal system works and that people do not get away with cheating children or any other customer.
Thanks for helping!!

Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne

MorpheusDreamlord

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 04:22:03 PM »
"She admitted they had made a mistake, but that was just too bad. "Anyone can make a mistake and I could not mean that ComputerCity should do anything about that". "

Well, here in Australia, and in UK, the law states that what is advertised MUST be adhered to unless the advert is 'obviously' in error (by that they mean a $1000 computer going for $1.00 - obviously a mistake).

Did you get a photo? - if not, go back with a throw-away camera (single use camera), and get a photo of the store, and then a closer one of the sign (even witht he scrubbed out bit) - if anyone asks why, say 'for impending legal action'. That may put the willies into them - if not, then you DO have proof!

My sympathies to your son (hey, he writes well, doesn't he!!). Lets mailbomb them!!  LOL

|
Come to the Dreaming...

Edited by - MorpheusDreamlord on 31 Jul 2002  17:23:30
|
Come to the Dreaming...

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 05:21:54 PM »
Hi "Friends",

I couldn't believe what the ComputerCity has done. There is a magazine that might publish the story and might help to resolve the problem if they have any distributors in Demark. It's called SmartComputing. Here is the e-mail addy for anyone that wishes to e-mail them.
Here is what is says in the "Problem Solver" section:

"Are you having trouble finding a product or getting adequate service from a manufacturer? If so, we want to help solve your problem. Send us a description of the product you're seeking or the problem you're having with customer service. In billing disputes, include relevant information (such as account numbers or screen names for online services) and photocopies of checks. Include your phone number in case we need to contact you. Letters may be edited for length and clarity; volume prohibits individual replies. Write to: Action Editor, PO Box 85380, Lincoln, NE 68501-5380. Or send e-mail to [email protected]. Or fax us at (402)479-2104."

I get so sick and tired of Companies "ripping people off" and getting away with it. It would be great to make an example of the ComputerCity people. And let everyone know that it takes someone lower than a "snake's belly in a wagon rut" to steal candy or (DVD Drive) from a Child. May their CPU's perish cold and all alone in the night from electo-static migration!!![8-x]

Best Wishes,
"Jak"

Arne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 10:01:15 PM »
Thank you all! As you have noticed I am doing the writing for my son. He only expresses what he feels and thinks and I put it into writing.

We have the same law here, which gives the store only two options= change the computer to one which is according to the sign or fix the computer so that it is according to the sign.

They have had no trouble admitting the false sign at all. They are just stubborn and of the opinion they do not have to do things right. They stubbornly mean that giving money back is the same as solving the problem, which is not the case and not an option according to the law here.

I did try to visit the shop again today, but the only thing that happened was that the manager and I talked outside the store. He was threatening me with insult charges and wanted his email address off the site. I just wonder where the insult is? And such stupidity does not scare me at all. I guess he is getting desperate since he is beginning to threaten me.

I have filed charges against the store, and I got the letter from "Forbrugerstyrelsen" that they are accepting to solve this case for the usual fee of about 10 US$.

The store manager even asked me what this all was about, today.!! Yes, he asked what it was about! So I felt I had to explain it to him again = I want to have the computer I was made to believe I  bought. How difficult is it to understand that???

He still has not read the law. He offered to drive me home and get the computer, too. So I told him for the third or fourth time that I do not accept his offer about giving the computer back and then receiving the money back. How difficult is that to understand as well?

He also told me he is following the discussion aroun in the newsgroup in Denmark about this. Good for him, maybe he gets educated in the law. But he had only noticed there are some people not agreeing with me. And I told him that of course there always will be people who do not agree, but the law is clear. And I wonder how much money it costs him to sit at work reading newsgroups? Probably more than it would have cost him to do things right. I also guess he is one, or many, of the people in the newsgroup who disagees with me. What a joke he is!!! LOL.

Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne

Jor

• View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 10:49:09 PM »
Hi Arne,

I believe when I went to that page first, you had an internal link that jumped directly to the English translation. This is currently missing, could you re-add it?
I've had questions from people I sent the site's URL what language this was, apparently they could not read Danish, and didn't bother to scroll down *L*

Arne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 10:57:50 PM »
No I did not have a link to further down the same page, but I can make one in a few minutes :-)

I have made the changes
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2002, 06:10:55 PM »
Hi "Friends",

I just wanted to say for the record, that a decent DVD Drive(Not DVD-R) from "tigerdirect.com" costs $19.95 US dollars, after a $20.00 mail-in re-bate. The item # is A451-4126, but the offer expires 8/15/02. One might suggest that the Computer-City Folks purchase one from tigerdirect and ship it to "Reidar". Also along with a written apology for being & acting like the 'North End' of a Mule running South!

Take Care and I hope that You ALL have a Wonderful Day,
Your Friend---"Jak"

Edited by - JakBeNymble on 01 Aug 2002  23:50:24

Clay Nichols

• ICQ Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2002, 11:53:02 PM »
I am disgusted with Computer City for ripping off anyone. Businesses should be honest or they shouldn't be in business. I will email the USA Headquarters and advise everyone I know to stop doing business with Computer City until they provide what was advertised to you. I hope the other USA citizens will also flood the USA Headquarters with complaints.

Jor

• View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2002, 02:06:46 PM »
Hi Arne,

just wondering if there has been any update to this? I know quite a few people from my circle have also emailed this store by now.

Arne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I ask every member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2002, 02:45:28 PM »
Thanks Jor!!!

No there is nothing new. The case goes to court and that will probably take about 6 months or so. Can you imagine this stupid storekeeper, letting such a thing go to court?? And if he had bothered to read the law, he must know he does not have a chance. It is not a "real" court, it is something we have here where no lawyers are allowed and there will be a ruling just based upon the facts given by the parts. And he has admitted what it said on the sign in the store - still he thinks he can get away with it. And the law is extreemly clear on this point. "What they have promised in words or on a sign in the shop must be forefilled." Period. I will be very surprised if we don't get our DVD in the end. If we don't, it is the same as giving every shop the right to write anything at all on the specification signs in the shop and let them get away with it. "This vacumcleaner is 1800W" " This computer has a 2,4GHz processor" etc. etc.

So here we are just waiting. Thanks for all your help!!!

Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne
Best wishes
Arne
Imici username= Arne