Author Topic: Scott!! Sorry mate!!!!  (Read 1707 times)

MorpheusDreamlord

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scott!! Sorry mate!!!!
« on: July 31, 2002, 04:29:30 PM »
Scott - my apologies (I guess I'm too used to really buggy apps/games).

Proxomitron is NOT at fault - I've just stopped a 36 hr memory test that shows 56080 errors in my 1st memory stick (0-256M). It's gone back for replacement.

Now running on one stick, Proxo just shows the usual errors (the flush error, not proxo), and the old one it's had since I first started using it over 3 yrs ago (or so) - it just suddenly stops responding to the browser (shows 'waiting for connection' in the main window. Shutting off Proxo & IE then restarting both ususally fixes it. And it's a very very rare fault.

So, again, sorry....
<Morphy runs and hides behind an armchair>

|
Come to the Dreaming...
|
Come to the Dreaming...

Scott Lemmon

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • http://proxomitron.cjb.net/
    • Email
Scott!! Sorry mate!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 03:52:14 AM »
Ah, no problem - glad you've finally found the problem at least Memory errors can cause really strange and oddly application specific errors sometimes.  It's almost as if Windows keeps mapping the same areas of memory to a given program.

The "not responding" thing usually means the listening socket is screwed up somehow. Can happen sometimes if the browser or Proxomitron crashes and doesn't terminate cleanly - it's almost as if the port gets "stuck". I run into it all the time debugging errors.